Arkansas Tech University is seeking sealed proposals from qualified firms to provide marketing and advertising services focused on brand awareness, student recruitment, legislative efforts and capital funding initiatives. Arkansas Tech University seeks to engage an agency who will collaborate with the Office of University Marketing and Communication to assist in raising the stature and reputation of the university through media buying and positioning. As needed, the agency may also be engaged in the creative strategy process.
This Request for Proposals (RFP) outlines basic requirements for services to be provided. Arkansas Tech University is the client and makes no guarantee as to the number and size of projects, which may be awarded under this proposal. Arkansas Tech University’s Office of University Marketing and Communication will be the firm’s point of contact throughout the contract and will coordinate the professional services required of the firm. The term for the agreement will be one (1) year with an option to renew for three (3) additional one-year terms if mutually agreed upon by Arkansas Tech University and the firm.
The capabilities and attributes being sought include:
- Media-buying expertise, including social and digital media.
- Experience positioning at both a regional and national level.
- Experience in conducting marketing research and the ability to demonstrate how research shaped and informed subsequent campaigns.
- Experience utilizing paid search and SEO to impact awareness of client.
- A proven track record in developing and executing multi-media marketing campaigns, preferably including experience at the higher-education level.
- Ability to provide strategic consulting services, including but not limited to, recommendations on social media, search-engine marketing, web and graphic design, advertising and other forms of marketing communications.
Arkansas Tech is a state supported, SREB four-year level III, liberal arts institution; the third-largest in the state with an enrollment close to 12,000 students. The Russellville campus, located in the scenic Arkansas River Valley between the Ozark and Ouachita Mountains, is just one hour from the capital city of Little Rock. Offering over 100 undergraduate and more than 25 graduate degree programs across seven academic colleges and two campuses, Arkansas Tech strives to provide a solid educational foundation for life-long learning to a diverse community.
Arkansas Tech University-Ozark Campus is the regional provider for technical and career education, offering more than 25 programs with a variety of industry specific options, as well as certificates of proficiency, technical certificates, associate degrees and general education coursework.
Arkansas Tech University is dedicated to student success, access, and excellence as a responsive campus community providing opportunities for progressive intellectual development and civic engagement. Embracing and expanding upon its technological traditions, Tech inspires and empowers members of the community to achieve their goals while striving for the betterment of Arkansas, the nation, and the world. Without losing sight of this goal, we are looking for help executing our brand message in order to:
- Reinforce the university’s position as a natural fit for students looking for a residential, public-4- year university in the region.
- Promote the university throughout its market area as the school of choice.
- Strengthen the public perception of academic quality of the institution.
The university has several key audiences that it seeks to engage with as part of its efforts. Those markets include:
- Non-traditional students
- International Admissions
- Graduate College Admissions
- Ozark Campus Admissions
- Elected Officials
- Alumni, Donors and Friends of the University
The university has set marketing and recruitment goals, which have been focused specifically on recruiting high-quality students through increasing enrollment in the following segments:
- Traditional students (on-campus, first-year students, in-state and out-of-state)
- Transfer students
- Adult Learners (non-traditional, certificates, letters of completion, stackable degrees)
- Graduate Student Enrollment (on-site and online)
- International Student Enrollment
- Broadening our regional recruitment territory
Additionally, the university anticipates embarking on a capital campaign in the near future. During the campaign, collateral and marketing materials may be utilized for a variety of purposes including:
- Raising awareness of Arkansas Tech
- Sharing with donors and friends
- Generating support through web, social and online content
Proposal due by May 5 to:
Arkansas Tech University
Procurement and Risk Management Services Young Building, Suite 101
203 West O Street Russellville, AR 72801