The BC Public Service Agency (“BCPSA” or “Agency”) is a central agency providing human resource (HR) services to the BC Public Service. Formed in 2003, the organization provides leadership and services in people management. Established by the Public Service Act, the BCPSA provides human resource leadership, expertise, services and programs that contribute to better business performance of ministries and government as a whole. The BC Public Service is the largest single employer in British Columbia, with over 26,000 employees staffed throughout the province. Career opportunities include a broad spectrum of positions that require a diverse range of skills, experience and education. As an award winning employer, we offer competitive employee benefits and programs, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with real career development prospects.
In alignment with the BCPSA’s recruitment and hiring services work for the BC Public Service, the Marketing and Outreach unit supports ministries in their ability to fulfil their mandates for the citizens of British Columbia by attracting exceptional talent to various roles within the organization. The Marketing and Outreach team is responsible for sourcing qualified applicants with critical skills through a variety of recruitment marketing strategies and advertising initiatives.
The purpose of this Request for Standing Offers (RSO) is to qualify Respondents, who have a team of Consultants that are capable of providing services in all of the following Service Areas:
- Media Planning and Purchasing – engage in strategic targeting and attracting of qualified candidates for employment opportunities in the BC public service, including advertisement placement and purchasing in appropriate mediums;
- Web-enabled Services – maintain secure on-line access to an electronic database to log into and review draft ad copies; and
- Creative Development – provide advice on the creative aspects of development of recruitment advertisements.
Scope of Work:
- a) Media Planning and Purchasing – engage in strategic targeting and attracting of qualified candidates for employment opportunities in the BC public service, including but not limited to:
- Ensuring that selected media are cost efficient and produce the desired results;
- Ensuring booking and material deadlines are met;
- Providing proof of advertisement placement (i.e. screen shots and or tear sheets);
Recommending non-traditional media sources to ensure reach into hard to recruit target markets, including social media;
- Responding within 24 hours of initial request with recommended media;
Upon final approval of copy and materials, ensuring online media will be live within 48 hours;
- Providing information on emerging media and new sources for attracting qualified
candidates, including social media;
Recommending appropriate advertisement placement and purchasing advertising space, upon written approval, in approved mediums;
- Submitting a media plan and cost estimates in Microsoft Office format; and
- Accommodating change orders such as posting extensions, as requested.
- b) Web-enabled Services – maintain secure on-line access to an electronic database to log into and review draft ad copies, including but not limited to:
- Providing an online or email mechanism for approval of formal copies and layout of ads within corporate standards for posting online;
- Maintaining an electronic database of all previously posted government ads and
making these past ads electronically accessible to the Province; and
- Ensuring that information in their system is kept completely confidential and can only be accessed by approved and password protected users (see Schedule E of the sample standing order attached as Appendix 3 to this RSO).
- c) Creative Development – provide advice on the creative aspects of development of recruitment advertisements, including but not limited to:
- Copywriting or editing when requested and delivered within a 24 hour timeline;
- Ad sizing, estimating and designing to ensure cost efficiencies are created and duplication avoided;
- Designing graphic design templates for print and electronic media for use by the Province; and
- Copywriting services for a variety of mediums – when requested (e.g. job postings, website content, brochures, display materials, etc.).
October 17, 2017
BC Public Service Agency
810 Blanshard Street
Victoria, BC V8W 2H2
Attention: Carrie Daniels