Bloomington-Normal Public Transit System is looking to hire a federal lobbying firm. Connect Transit is seeking proposals from qualified firms for Federal representation who will assist Connect Transit in maintaining relations with Congress of the United States and Federal Agencies to promote and protect the interest of Connect Transit.
Connect Transit Mission
- Independence through transportation to live, learn, work and play.
- Added economic value, through transportation opportunities, to our community that is environmentally and economically sustainable.
- Service to our customers that is safe, affordable, reliable, accessible and valued.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Congressional Liaison
- The Contractor shall advise and assist Connect Transit (hereinafter referred to as the Client) in identifying and developing federal requests.
- The Contractor shall advise and assist the Client in maintaining relations with the Congress of the United States to advance and protect the interests of the Client. Special emphasis shall be placed on liaison with the Illinois Delegation and key congressional committees.
- Executive Branch Liaison
- Advise and assist the Client in in developing and maintaining relations with U.S. Department of Transportation.
- Advise and assist the Client in developing and maintaining relations with the secondary Executive Branch departments.
- Additional responsibilities may include:
- Grant review and writing.
- Coordination with key stakeholders.
- Participation in and monitoring of trade industry organizations such as APTA, Transportation for America, etc.
- Developing relationships with key national business and economic development alliances.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key strategic Non-Governmental Organization including non-profits.
- Participation in the development of the client’s annual Federal agenda and strategic planning processes
Proposal due by March 15, 2017 by 12pm to:
Bloomington-Normal Public Transit System (Hereinafter Connect Transit)
Attn: Isaac Thorne Chief Operating Officer 351 Wylie Dr.
Normal, IL 61761