Detroit Public Schools Community District is seeking a qualified marketing and branding agency to assist its Office of Communications and Marketing with the concept, development and implementation of the District’s new brand and identity.
DPSCD provides a standard, traditional curriculum to a student body of approximately 50,000 students ranging from pre-kindergarten through the 12th grade. DPSCD also provides adult education at a variety of facilities during non-school hours. In addition to the standard curriculum, DPSCD offers a variety of specialized technical training programs for the higher-grade levels. The District encompasses an area of approximately 139 square miles. DPSCD operates 100 schools, including elementary (K-5), combination (K-8), middle schools, high schools and technical center schools.
Scope of Work:
- Analyze district data to begin creating imagery, messaging, taglines, and concepts for the district’s brand and identity.
- The agency will support the creative process for creating and developing the District’s new logo, tagline, recommended standard business card, letterhead, and envelope.
- The agency will also present sample use, advertisements and promotional treatments for web banners, social media, print publications, outdoor/bus, apparel, and collateral (i.e. brochure, rack card).
- The agency will develop an identity guide for the new brand that can be used at the District level, individual department and school levels. The guide needs to be both printable and electronic.
- The agency will lead two student teams through the design and development process in preparation for a board presentation of the final concepts.
- Agency will engage a professional photographer to develop a library of images based upon a shot list provided by the district.
- Attend frequent status meetings with DPSCD Office of Communications to report on the project and to adhere to the timeline.
- Provide a written bi-weekly report based on the template provided.
- Assist in the organizing and engagement of key stakeholders during the process of the project to help tell the District’s story, this will include creating social media content and content to track project updates.
- Develop, plan and execute a districtwide launch party to share the final concepts with internal and external stakeholders. This will include all logistics, a press conference, media outreach, preliminary collateral display, key stakeholder engagement, photography and a final event report.
DETROIT PUBLIC SCHOOLS COMMUNITY DISTRICT OFFICE OF PROCUREMENT AND LOGISTICS FISHER BUILDING – 11TH FLOOR
3011 WEST GRAND BLVD
DETROIT, MICHIGAN 48202