Federal Government Seeking communications Consultant For Corporation for Public Broadcasting
The Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB) is funded by the American Federal Government to promote public broadcasting – and they are seeking a consultant to facilitate a meeting of local/regional editorial leaders to further build a network of public media journalism. The primary role for said individual is to run a meeting with up to 50 leaders of broadcasting programs which is scheduled for October 29-30, 2015.
The objectives for convening the Editorial Leadership Meeting are to:
- Advance local/regional/national content sharing and co-production for higher impact;
- Encourage sharing of best practices and lessons learned from journalism collaborations;
- Accelerate the evolution of public media stations into multi-media news production operations; and
- Foster discussion around public media’s editorial standards, ethics, and practices.
The chosen agency or consultant will:
- Develop, in cooperation with CPB, the agenda for the Editorial Leadership Meeting and any necessary supporting materials;
- Aassist CPB in planning discussions and meetings;
- Provide advice and suggestions for preparatory materials for the Editorial Leadership;
- Identify speakers and/or moderators for the Editorial Leadership Meeting;
- Produce follow-up materials to provide to attendees after the Editorial Leadership
Interested parties are encouraged to contact Erin Day, Director of Journalism at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for submission is 5:00 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time, August 14, 2015.