There is no magic button to touch which allows instant success by utilizing Public Relations. Some concrete and catchy public relations tricks your brand can utilize to succeed with PR.
- Your story is your ticket – it will get you into people’s hearts and minds; a great story can motivate make a person go from passive to participant. Invest in media training; rehearse and prepare.
- Make sure all messages are aligned with your brand.Never underestimate the personal PR power of happiness.
- PR’s biggest advantage over marketing and advertising is the seemingly independent third-party recognition and endorsement it provides—an incredible asset in a very crowded, confused world.
- A company that knows itself, what it can and can’t do, can capitalize on its strengths and see competitive advantages where others might see weaknesses.
- Recognizing problems and then solving them offers fantastic opportunities for very powerful PR campaigns, as does taking advantages of your competitions’ weaknesses.
- Be “widely selective” — Engage people on multiple platforms in unique ways without overdoing it.
- Stay relevant: Don’t post content just for the sake of posting content, otherwise people begin to ignore it or delete it.
- Don’t squander existing equity. Logos and other design features, along with mottos, tag lines, and mission statements are your stock and have value.
And, I define great public relations as:
- Helping to make the impersonal personal.
- Bridging divides.
- Creating excitement and builds equity for businesses, personalities, politicians, and others.
- Managing crises and catastrophes.
- and, Telling stories, having conversations, and making impressions.
New York based, Ronn Torossian founded 5WPR in 2003 and was named semi-finalist for Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year. He is also author of best-selling PR Book “For Immediate Release: Shape Minds, Build Brands, and Deliver Results with Game-Changing Public Relations”.