The Little Rock Advertising & Promotion Commission is extending an invitation for professionals to submit qualifications demonstrating their expertise to provide In-Market Public Relation Services. These services include, providing primarily in-market public relations, media relations, and general communications assistance with special event campaigns and projects throughout the year for the LRCVB. These may include the creation and distribution of press releases, media advisories, coordination of media appearances, and creation and implementation of special media pitches and events.
Scope of Work:
- Provide copywriting and editing services for miscellaneous projects and special event campaigns, including the creation of letters, press releases, media advisories, etc. (typically 750 words or less) to be used primarily in-market.
- Provide management of, and/or assistance with, PR/media campaigns for special events or conventions, including planning and coordinating press conferences, developing story pitches for media interviews, and providing media preparation for in-studio and remote interview opportunities for staff and/or guests. (Campaigns vary in length, some are single day focused, while others are “season” focused covering multiple months.) Examples of media campaigns conducted in 2017:
- Jazz in the Park – Spring event each Wednesday in April
- Farmers’ Market – Season runs May – September
- Movies in the Park – Each Wednesday in June and July
- ATA International World Expo – week long convention
- Little Rock Restaurant Month – entire month of August
- Jazz in the Park – Fall event each Wednesday in September
- Launch of “Chop the Rock” cooking show on LRTV
- Provide assistance developing and distributing press releases and media advisories through Cision platform for tracking (access to Cision for LRCVB projects provided by LRCVB).
- Provide staff assistance for on-site media events and appearances.
- Provide general copywriting and editing assistance, as needed, for a variety of audiences and uses, including reviewing materials drafted by other departments and/or clients prior to distribution.
- Assist with growing local awareness for the LRCVB and its local programming initiatives by developing and disseminating information to the public regarding LRCVB activities.
- Assist in promoting Little Rock as a travel destination by assisting with travel writers, generating story ideas, assisting with research relating to media queries, and/or providing assistance with local site visits when necessary.
- Maintain and update a media contacts database for LRCVB utilizing Cision platform.
- Collect, analyze, evaluate and compile data of media coverage for monthly, quarterly, annual, and special narrative, and statistical, correspondence and reports utilizing Cision platform and other tools.
101 South Spring Street, Suite 400
Little Rock, Arkansas 72201