Massasoit Community College, on behalf of a consortium of all 15 Massachusetts community colleges has issued an RFP for advertising agencies. Strategies may include b social media, design, promotional videos and marketing materials, multi-media advertising, display and digital advertising, radio, cable, web, outdoor, and transit advertising. The contract resulting from this bid is expected to begin in September 2017 and extend through August 31, 2018.
Massasoit Community College, Brockton, MA, is the lead institution of a statewide consortium representing all 15 community colleges and other state and local agencies such as the Department of Higher Education and the One-Stop Career Centers. The consortium was funded by a grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration, Grant # TC-26450-14-60-A-25, to design and launch a new web-based system enabling prospective students to research high-demand careers and explore community college programs providing education and training for those careers, including credit for prior learning.
Scope of Work:
- Through the funding of the DOL TAACCCT grant, the Massachusetts community colleges, in collaboration with the Department of Higher Education, the Executive Office of Education, and other state agencies, has created a new website. This website invites prospective students to explore career options, including identifying careers with high earning potential, high growth, or many openings. The system then leads the visitor through a questionnaire to identify community college programs that can prepare the student for that occupation. The system creates a “warm lead,” handing the visitor off to an Admissions representative at the college, and providing the student printable “action plan” of next steps toward enrollment.
- Target audience is adult learners (25+), especially those who are under- or un-employed, veterans, and individuals seeking to pursue careers in the high-tech STEM fields of Biotechnology, Engineering, Advanced Manufacturing, Health Sciences, and CIS/IT. We seek an agency that can establish branding for the new system, including name, logo, and graphic elements. (All elements must be ADA compliant.) The agency will then promote utilization of the new site. Success will be measured by number of visitors to the website as well as traffic actually driven to the colleges’ Admissions offices.
- Ability to create and place advertisements in a timely manner. Notification to College of any advertising or editorial opportunities created by specialized supplements or sections in media with which we work.
- Capacity to generate good quality design formats; stimulating and creative advertising concepts from which to choose.
- Ability to place ads in all media outlets including internet, radio, internet radio, daily and small regional newspapers, outdoor, and transit. Vendor must have knowledge of our region/service area and understanding of target demographic to determine zones for print, cable, radio and other.
- Successful bidder will be required to provide reports of advertisement expenditures of all mediums on a monthly basis, as well as a comprehensive marketing summary report at the close of each semester campaign (3 for year).
- Bidders should be able to exhibit commitment to enhancing the image of Massachusetts Community Colleges to potential students and partner agencies throughout the Commonwealth.
September 17, 2017
Diane Piquette /Purchasing Office Massasoit Community College
1 Massasoit Boulevard
Brockton, MA 02302-3996