The Rural Electrification Authority (REA) in Nairobi, Kenya is seeking a media relations agency.
REA’s selected PR firm will manage day to day visibility of REA in the media and to strengthen REA’s identity and brand reputation through various external communications channels. The primary responsibility of the Agency will be to develop good media relations and ensure effective and wide scale dissemination and coverage of REA’s output.
The proposed scope of work for the Media Agency includes:
- Development and implementation of effective media relations strategy for the Authority that responds to REA’s mission and vision and includes social media visibility.
- Manage and increase the day to day visibility of REA in the media
- Content creation, general oversight and quality assurance for all communication intended for publication in the media
- Maintain good media relations so as to maximize media opportunities for the Authority
- Ensure effective and wide scale dissemination and coverage so that REA functions, projects and press releases get prominent coverage in both the electronic and print media..
- Provide support for the production of various multimedia products such as videos and info graphics by dispatching teams to the field to capture pictures and conduct interviews as necessary
- Undertake in depth research so as to write relevant and punchy articles that the media will find relevant and useful to publish
- Provide media monitoring services including social media and give quarterly reports to show improvement achieved on media coverage
- Write and edit different communication materials e.g opinions, endorser and beneficiary stories, press briefs and releases; and
Proposal due by September 30, 2016 to:
Chief Executive Officer,
Rural Electrification Authority,
Kawi House off Mombasa Rd,
Bellevue, Red Cross Road, Next to Boma Hotel P. O. Box 34585 – 00100,