The Orange County Board of County Commissioners, Orange County, Florida, is soliciting sealed proposals for Marketing Services for the Orange County Regional History Center.
The Regional History Center has operated from the center of downtown Orlando since September 2000. During that time, the Regional History Center has realized peaks and valleys with respect to its annual attendance. Daily attendance has been at its highest when hosting high profile temporary exhibits like “Florida in the Civil War”, “Jim Henson’s Fantastic World”, and more recently, “Gone with the Wind” and “And Still We Rise.” Over the years, the Regional History Center has achieved growth in attendance as the urban center population has expanded.
This is particularly true regarding residents living within a five mile radius of the facility. While downtown Orlando has experienced record residential growth, the Regional History Center has not realized comparable growth. Total attendance for Fiscal Year 2016 was 64,377. Attendance is comprised of several categories of visitors such as daily admission, United Arts tours, public and private school group tours and corporate events. For the purpose of this RFP, daily admission numbers, which were 10,205 for 2016, need to increase by at least 25% within the first year and reflect similar growth in successive years of the contract.
In early 2016, the Regional History began the process of redesigning its permanent exhibits, which were created and installed in the late 1990’s. Revitalizing the exhibits is only one element of growing attendance. Another critical part of increasing the number of visitors is how activities of the Regional History Center are marketed. As a result, a marketing audit was recently completed. Information obtained from the audit shall be used by the selected firm to develop strategies for marketing and promotions.
Scope of Work:
- The Consultant shall conduct on-site bi-weekly meetings with the Regional History Center Manager or designee to provide updates and revisions of collateral material designs related to the deliverables. As the project develops, the Regional History Center Manager shall determine the frequency of such meetings.
- Orange County will approve all concept designs prior to production and distribution.
- The Consultant shall provide an itemized project plan to include hours and deliverables for each engagement ordered.
- The Consultant shall develop a sponsorship template for temporary exhibits which promote the brand of the sponsor, the exhibition itself and the Regional History Center.
For the purposes of this RFP process, the following are listed deliverables:
- The Consultant shall develop an integrated marketing and communications strategy to promote the Regional History Center as a highly desirable cultural attraction, this includes an annual promotions schedule. Shall be completed within 120 days of request.
- The Consultant shall develop a plan for day to day public promotions using print, radio and social media. Once templates are developed, Orange County will maintain the templates and ensure advertising with print, electronic and social media outlets. Shall be completed within 60 days of request.
- The Consultant shall develop brand guidelines to create uniform content used in published materials by the different sections of the Regional History Center. Shall be completed within 60 days of request.
- The Consultant shall create a template format for use for traveling (temporary) exhibits, these may include brands and corporate sponsorships in conjunction with the Regional History Center’s brand. Shall be completed within 60 days of request.
- The Consultant shall develop a strategy to educate the community about the redesign of the permanent exhibits. The strategy shall include announcing the refresh project, a description or summary, community benefit and entice people to visit the new exhibits. Shall be completed within 90 days of request and revised periodically as the project develops.
- The Consultant shall provide guidance in developing continuity of message for the organization in all of its external communication efforts. Shall be completed within 30 days of request and revised periodically.
- The Consultant shall develop a plan for outreach to residents with particular emphasis on those residing within a five mile radius of the Regional History Center. The plan shall outline strategies in which the Regional History Center can draw upon those residents to attend events. Shall be completed within 120 days of request and revised periodically.
- The Consultant shall develop a methodology with established performance indicators for staff to measure the impact and success of various advertising and marketing efforts. Shall be completed within 120 days of request and revised periodically.
- The Consultant shall develop a plan for effectively promoting the Regional History Center in African American and Hispanic communities. Shall be completed within 60 days of request and revised periodically.
- The Consultant shall assist staff in creating a plan to market and promote four (4) special annual events, which may include, but be limited to: Retro Game Night( 2), Trick or Treat Safe Zone, Holiday at Heritage Square, Black History Month, Hispanic Heritage Month and Women’s History Month. Shall be completed within 60 days of request.
July 27th, 2017
Orange County Procurement Division
Internal Operations Centre II, 400
E. South Street, 2nd Floor
Orlando, FL 32801
Zimmerman PR is a strong PR firm in Florida.