The San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency, Vision Zero Education and Communication is seeking a communications, marketing and public relations agency to provide raise awareness of and support for SFMTA’s Vision Zero Policy and other SFMTA related programs. The San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency oversees transit, streets and taxis in the city of San Francisco, California.
Scope of Work:
- Research and Evaluation – Provide audience and behavior change research and program evaluation to achieve Vision Zero SF and transportation-related culture change and develop messaging, branding and/or materials in support of the overall communications goals for Vision Zero SF and the SFMTA.
- Conduct market research/surveys/focus groups in order to prepare programs, evaluate the effectiveness of programs, assess attitudes and perceptions regarding education and media, and develop ways to improve the effectiveness of future programs and communication efforts.
- Conduct research assessing the audiences and barriers to behavior change to build upon initial culture change successes and refine existing efforts, strategies and goals.
- Develop and execute evaluation plans for SFMTA and Vision Zero communication and education campaigns. Provide written reports, plans, memos and schedules as part of each phase of a requested task. Summary reports shall include a detailed breakdown of anticipated staff and required resources/costs necessary for each phase of a campaign. The SFMTA shall approve, in advance and in writing, all work and expenditures. Post-campaign evaluations should include data on campaign media impressions and performance.
- Media Strategy and Buying – Provide media strategy and media buying services for the Vision Zero SF and related-transportation communications and education programs.
- Recommend and develop strategies that raise awareness of Vision Zero SF and the importance of traffic safety among people who walk, bike and drive in San Francisco, as well as the goals and projects of the SFMTA.
- Negotiate, coordinate and purchase media from media outlets and vendors on behalf of SFMTA and Vision Zero SF.
- Include comprehensive post-campaign report(s) delineating the value and effectiveness of the media buys after each distinct run.
- Campaign Media Buys – Deliver media buys or the Vision Zero SF Communications and SFMTA programs.
- Media buys may include, and are not limited to, billboards; transit shelter posters; radio (broadcast and/or digital); bus advertising; digital advertising, and social media-specific advertising.
- Social Media Implementation – Provide social media content to post on VisionZeroSF or other SFMTA Facebook and Twitter accounts to raise awareness and increase advocacy for Vision Zero SF and safe streets.
- Research social media content focused on themes such as: Vision Zero as a local, national and global movement; safer street solutions and behaviors; City projects promoting safer streets; the urgent need for safer streets, etc.
- Develop and draft posts unique posts for Facebook and/or Twitter, as well as research and propose retweets with drafted comments and without.
- Provide content development strategy and direction for the evolution of Vision Zero SF social media.
- Additional Campaign Creative – Develop additional creative communications, messaging and campaign materials for the Vision Zero SF and related-transportation communications and education programs, as needed.
Work may include:
- Develop a public awareness strategy, including a plan for implementation by SFMTA staff within targeted communities;
- Develop strategic messages, program themes, slogans and logos;
- Design copy and art for online materials including websites and e-mail programs;
- Produce print advertising for newspapers, magazines, transit systems (buses/subways) and billboard advertising for programs;
- Identify and develop integrated collateral materials and delivery methods that work with specific target audiences handling all aspects of copy and design development, language translations; printing and press checks;
- Develop video packages for use in presentations, with media, social media and other digital formats; and
- Development of materials: create and print fact sheets, outreach tool-kits for the community, presentations, and community event materials to be utilized for community outreach.
- Design copy and art for printed materials, including flyers, brochures, banners, decals, letterhead and envelopes for programs;
- Design copy and art for promotional items such as magnets, buttons, T-shirts, caps, mugs and pencils for programs;
- Provide all creative services necessary for production, including typesetting, filming, dubbing, recording, editing, and photographic services for programs;
- Provide all campaign and other media in a variety of electronic formats (i.e. JPEG, GIF, TIF, QuickTime, MOV, video streams, etc.);
- Complete all types/facets of campaign commercials at broadcast quality, including tapes and digital files for commercials and camera-ready art for print; and
- Be responsible for all production costs as well as talent fees for commercials approved by the SFMTA as set forth in each phase of any Task Order (as described below).
- Multicultural Outreach and Assets – Develop and implement a community outreach program to ensure culturally competent communications including research with monolingual communities, the development of multicultural campaign materials, and knowledgeable in-person outreach to a broad array of communities.
Due Date: 4/24/2017
1 South Van Ness Avenue, 7th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94103