The Santa Clara Valley Open Space Authority is soliciting proposals from qualified vendors to design a comprehensive social media strategy that will achieve the objectives to expand current Facebook and Twitter communities and convert community members to a higher level of engagement with the Authority, advise on other potential social media properties, develop outstanding content, post content regularly, provide monthly strategic counsel and written reports, and also provide traditional media relations services. The Authority is an independent special district created on February 1, 1993, by an act of the California Legislature, and serves a large portion of Santa Clara County by protecting sensitive lands, preserving natural communities, and managing open space. The Authority has preserved over 18,000 acres, which include three preserves open to the public with over twenty miles of trails. Activities on the preserves include hiking, mountain biking, horseback riding, and nature study.
The Authority currently has the following active social media properties:
NEW SOCIAL MEDIA OBJECTIVES
Primary objectives are:
- Achieving Authority’s key communications goals through social and traditional media strategies, as follows:
- Build awareness of the Authority and its work throughout diverse communities
- Promote Measure Q brand and accomplishment through the year
- Promote the Authority as a thought leader on environmental issues
- Expand Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and other social media communities and convert community members to a higher level of engagement with the Authority; e.g. becoming newsletter subscribers, volunteers, attending activities and events
- Measure and report results of social media strategies
SCOPE OF WORK
The services should include but are not limited to:
- Design comprehensive social media strategy that will achieve stated new social media primary objectives.
- Advise on other potential social media properties.
- Create a monthly content memo containing two content posts per week for the social media accounts Facebook and Twitter, and other properties, as required. The Authority will contribute photos and inputs to support content development.
- Provide strategic counsel on social media efforts through monthly conference calls.
- Post content to Facebook and Twitter and other platforms two times per week.
- Summarize key metrics in monthly written report.
- Provide occasional traditional media outreach services including strategy, pitching stories, and press releases.
Proposals are due by February 26, 2016 and should be submitted to email@example.com