The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) requires a digital marketing agency to help deliver national digital advertising campaigns with a specific focus on performance marketing, including paid search, display, social advertising and retargeting. The digital marketing agency will be responsible for the media strategy, media buying, and reporting and performance optimization of the online digital advertising campaigns in order to help UNHCR achieve its digital fundraising and lead generation goals.
UNHCR aims to establish a powerful presence in Brazil through the development of a digital fundraising program to acquire new Individual Donors, the Private Sector Fundraising (PSFR) digital program consist of multi activities as display, paid search, social and other forms of online marketing to engage and acquire individual giving donors. The Private Sector Fundraising Unit in Brazil is part of UNHCR Global PSFR Section, with a commitment to inspire awareness and approach the local community to feel as a part of UNHCR Mission in the field, attracting largest number of individual donations and persons committed to long-term monthly contributions.
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees was established on 14 December 1950 by the United Nations General Assembly. The agency is mandated to lead and co-ordinate international action to protect refugees and resolve refugee problems worldwide. Its primary purpose is to safeguard the rights and well-being of refugees. It also has a mandate to help stateless people.
Since its creation, the agency has helped tens of millions of people restart their lives. Today, a staff of some 8,600 people in more than 125 countries continue to help more than 33.9 million displaced persons. To help and protect some of the world’s most vulnerable people in so many places and types of environments, UNHCR must purchase goods and services worldwide.
The agency will be responsible for consultancy on digital strategy, creating and adapting creative concepts for campaigns as required, producing digital assets as required, planning digital advertising campaigns and ongoing campaign management, including media strategy, media buying, campaign management and optimization.
The digital agency to be contracted is expected to provide in depth knowledge on the strategy to be followed for this campaign.
The online media services should incorporate:
– Provide overall account management including a dedicated account team
– Participate in weekly call and quarterly in-depth face-to-face meetings with UNHCR staff
– Design and implement a digital acquisition strategy which achieves the above objectives
– Design and implement a lead generation strategy (the agency will be responsible for the strategy and the lead acquisition activities; the agency will not conduct the lead conversion activities but is expected to deliver quality leads)
– Design and develop a digital engagement strategy (acquisition and cultivation of non- financial supporters who can be converted,)
– Provide recommendations to UNHCR to test new digital acquisition/ engagement/ retention strategies
– Include mobile marketing solutions when applicable
Media planning, buying, implementing and managing
– Develop an annual media plan (with monthly iterations) which leverages a diverse set of digital donor acquisition strategies and channels to reach and convert new audiences, with a focus on monthly giving
– Provide methodology or systems for purchasing search engine keywords; implement the paid search channel, manage campaigns and ensure an overall positive ROI
– Provide strategy and methodology for bidding/negotiating with vendors to purchase display media; implement channel and achieve targets agreed upon in plan
– Provide methodology or systems for purchasing social ads; implement this channel and ensure an overall positive ROI
– Provide strategy for retargeting and implement retargeting activities
– Develop creative testing plan
– Manage all aspects of the paid media campaign including ongoing optimization and improvement.
– Purchase media directly from media channels
Elaboration of creative concepts and production of campaign assets
– Elaborate original creative concepts for digital campaigns as needed
– Produce original campaign assets as needed
– Adapt existing creative concepts as needed
– Provide tracking plan and ensure tracking codes are correctly placed on all campaign assets
– Ensure all tracking tags are tested and implemented correctly
Reporting and ongoing campaign optimization
– Monitor campaigns and provide weekly/monthly and quarterly qualitative and quantitative analytic reports including key metrics – stated in 5.1
– Provide ongoing strategic advice and recommend optimizations based on performance reports. Provide ongoing adjustment of the media plan and ongoing optimization of the media campaigns to achieve targets
Proposal due on June 29 to:
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees Supply Management Service HQSF00
Chief, Procurement & Contracts Section Ipoly utca 5a/b/c
1133 Budapest Hungary