Island Health is seeking proposals for the launch of a digital advertising network through an initial pilot program at the Royal Jubilee Hospital’s Patient Care Centre. Making use of existing networked television screens within public areas of the facility, the Health Authority is seeking qualified Proponents to provide digital advertising services (as outlined within this RFP) to augment the use of these screens for public, patient, and staff information while maximizing return to the organization.
The Vancouver Island Health Authority (Island Health) is one of six health authorities in British Columbia, Canada. Through a network of hospitals, clinics, centres, health units, and residential facilities, Island Health provides health care to more than 765,849 people on Vancouver Island, on the islands of the Georgia Strait, and in mainland communities north of Powell River, and South of Rivers Inlet. Our health care services include hospital, community and home care. Island Health also provides environmental and public health services, including education and prevention. Island Health is governed by a board of directors, appointed by the provincial government. An executive team leads the delivery of health service within the health authority. Island Health is publicly funded, and accountable to the provincial government and the public for resources used in delivering health care and services.
Scope of Work
- The successful Proponent will be responsible for the provision of all services related to the procurement, development and production of digital advertising for display on screens in Island Health facilities. The Proponent will take care in ensuring suitable clients, content and messaging for the environments and communities served by the Health Authority in developing a program which supports value-added messaging while maximizing benefit for Island Health and the public it serves.
- Retaining an estimated 50% screen time for public interest messaging and Island Health promotional content (created and controlled by the Health Authority), the successful Proponent will demonstrate their familiarity with the concerns of a public health care organization and the sensitivities which exist for patients, staff and visitors in this environment by developing a suitable mix of advertising content for display. The proponent will be responsible for business development – focusing on local value for the communities served by the Health Authority and employing respectful business development practices – and will work with client organizations to develop and/or format appropriate static and dynamic digital content that is aligned with the ethical standards and values of Island Health and follows principles and standards of ethical advertising.
- Following an initial pilot project at the Patient Care Centre, Island Health may at its discretion expand the project to include other Island Health facilities.
- Services contracted will include but are not limited to the sale of digital advertising ‘space’, the development of advertising copy or content for potential advertisers as needed, and the formatting of advertisers’ existing copy/content for display according to the hardware and software as available at the various Island Health sites. The successful Proponent will be responsible for the development of respectful relationships with clients and potential clients, and will be responsible for the handling and resolution of any concerns relating to the contracted services as may arise from this community as well as members of the public.
- The successful Proponent will ensure all advertising material being proposed and developed is available to the Health Authority for review to ensure alignment with the intent of the program and Island Health policies and values. Island Health will maintain editorial discretion and control at all times, and the right to decline any advertiser or their content. Coordinating with the successful Proponent, a review process will be established with the Health Authority.
- Product pricing, both in terms of advertising space/time and whether inclusive or exclusive of media production or formatting costs, will be clear and transparent to both Island Health and the advertiser. Proposed pricing and a revenue model are expected to be proposed by the Proponent in their response.
- Island Health will anticipate payments at regular intervals, along with supported and auditable financial statements. The successful Proponent will be responsible for all accounts receivable and accounts payable functions related to this service. The successful Proponent will be expected to outline a proposed financial model for providing this program which will account for both the pilot and proposed expansion to other areas of the Health Authority, while maximizing benefit to Island Health.
- Working with the advertising clients, the successful Proponent will be capable of producing an array of media compatible with the Health Authority’s system(s) including but not limited to both still digital copy and silent, dynamic video content. Audio will not be part of the pilot program and is not anticipated at this time for the extended scope of the project, but may be a future option in some environments.
- A sample media kit is desired with the RFP response. The media kit must be aligned with Island Health’s policies, standards, values and public perception considerations. Island Health may request that the media kit be adjusted to align with the Health Authority’s expectations.
October 29, 2017
Contract Specialist, Contract Policy & Standards Vancouver Island Health Authority
Phone # 250-519-7700 x13512