The Washington Health Benefit Exchange (hereafter called WAHBE) is initiating this Request for Quotations and Qualifications (RFQQ) to obtain one or more qualified Vendor(s) to assist WAHBE develop and implement advertising, marketing and communications strategies for both the Washington Healthplanfinder and WAPlanfinder.
WAHBE was created by state statute in 2011 as a public-private partnership. WAHBE is responsible for the operation of Washington Healthplanfinder (HPF) – an easily accessible, online marketplace for individuals, families, and small businesses to find, compare, and enroll in Qualified Health Plans (QHP), Qualified Dental Plans (QDP), and Washington Apple Health (WAH/Medicaid).
Washington Healthplanfinder offers Washington State residents:
- Side-by-side comparisons of qualified health and dental plans
- Tax credits or financial help to pay for co-pays and premiums
- Expert customer support offered online, by phone, or in person through local organizations or insurance brokers.
As a single point of entry for both WAH and QHP customers, WAHBE serves more than 1.8 million residents. As of April 2017, more than 1.6 million were enrolled in WAH and more than 204,000 Washington residents were enrolled in QHP. Washington’s enrollment continues to have a positive fiscal impact across the state. More than 800 WAHBE-certified Navigators, 2,000 agents and brokers, and 100 tribal assisters continue to play a vital role, providing outreach and enrollment assistance statewide. These activities are supported by a strategic outreach campaign that leverages radio and digital mediums, raising awareness and encouraging people to act during the open enrollment period. WAHBE continues to make improvements to deliver the best customer experience and the positioning of advertising, marketing and communications resources is critical to the financial health of the organization.
Scope of Work:
Vendor shall provide services, tools, and staff, and otherwise do all things necessary for or incidental to the performance of work, as set forth below:
The ASV will do all things necessary to develop and execute on the strategic marketing, advertising and communications plan for WAHBE.
The Contract resulting from this RFQQ will be a performance-based Contract; and must meet agreed upon criteria for deliverables. Payment will depend on the deliverables being received on- time and approved by WAHBE. Late or partial completion of the deliverables will result in partial payment.
Task 1: Develop and implement a WAHBE-approved strategy for gaining market research and stakeholder analysis (focus groups, surveys, one-on-one interviews with key stakeholders and target audiences) related to the current HPF customer base, individuals that do not secure coverage through the HPF, and the uninsured.
The development should consider the following:
- Messaging constructs and refinements for multi-segment and multi-language audiences;
- Calendaring of marketing efforts and executional deadlines;
- Using gathered research to inform the development of Task 2.
Final market research and stakeholder analysis report.
Task 2: Support the development and execution of WAHBE’s strategic marketing and engagement plan to meet enrollment, retention and renewal goals; increase customer loyalty; and engage both new and existing customers. Expected activities include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Implementing existing or proposed new initiatives with the Navigators, certified application counselors, agents/brokers, agency partners and other organizations;
- Implementing a comprehensive, statewide, multi-lingual advertising campaign and media strategy (online, radio, print, other), including media buys, messaging refinement, and a marketing calendar. Vendor shall work with WAHBE on creative development, as needed;
- Securing partnerships, sponsorships, earned media and outreach events on behalf of WAHBE;
- Securing statewide paid media negotiations and purchases including, but not limited to: radio; digital; print; outdoor and non-traditional;
- Participating in two to three in-person meetings with WAHBE Communications team members, as necessary, as well as bi-weekly check-ins by phone.
- Coordinating and/or producing up to six videos including, but not limited to, testimonials.
Feedback on WAHBE’s proposed strategic marketing and engagement plans.
In conjunction with WAHBE, define how WAHBE will measure the success of its outreach strategies including, but not limited to: operational plan metrics; open enrollment results; retention of customers; and utilization of health literacy content.
Secure negotiated purchases and placements of paid media during open enrollment that supports WAHBE’s comprehensive, statewide, multi-lingual advertising campaign and media strategy.