Advertising and Integrated Marketing RFP Issued
The North Dakota Department of Commerce seeks a contractor to assist the marketing and communications team in the successful development, implementation, and evaluation of opportunities that provide the catalyst for an enhanced image of North Dakota; state brand amplification; improved awareness of North Dakota opportunities and Department of Commerce initiatives and the recruitment of people to the state.
The mission of the North Dakota Department of Commerce is to lead North Dakota’s efforts to attract, retain and expand wealth, with its vision focused on improving the quality of life for the people of North Dakota. The successful offeror will report to the Director of Tourism and Marketing or her designee for contract management purposes and will work closely with the commerce marketing and communications team. The commerce marketing and communications team focuses on the successful development, implementation and evaluation of marketing and communications initiatives that provide the catalyst for image enhancement, state brand unification and amplification, workforce recruitment and business start-up, retention, and expansion in North Dakota. In addition, the team is responsible for internal materials that promote agency initiatives and reports that demonstrate accountability for Commerce programs and services. The marketing and communications team also supports tourism marketing efforts and collaborates with dedicated tourism staff. Tourism work is contracted separately for creative services and media buying. Tourism works with a separate agency for national earned media and another for website development. The agencies are all expected to work collaboratively and leverage creative assets created for various initiatives. The efforts of this group are highly visible and highly scrutinized because they are closely tied to economic development, workforce development and the image of North Dakota. The successful offeror will work closely with multiple team members to provide services including but not limited to brand development, target market analysis, campaign development, media analysis and buying, layout, and design. All efforts must support the state brand and include measurable marketing objectives. The offeror must be able to meld quickly and sustain a credible and high-trust relationship with several Commerce staff. Project flow may vary by initiative and program.
Scope of Work:
The STATE is soliciting proposals for an Advertising and Integrated Marketing Solutions Contractor who will be primarily responsible to assist the marketing and communications team in the successful development, implementation and evaluation of opportunities that provide an enhanced image of North Dakota; state brand amplification; and the recruitment of people to the state. The contractor will possess impeccable integrity and a high standard for ethical conduct. The contractor will demonstrate a proven record of successful advertising and integrated marketing solutions for high-profile statewide or national organizations. In addition, the contractor must identify present examples of results that are met or exceeded in partnership with the respective clients. To assist the offeror in preparing a bid, STATE anticipates the hours needed will vary based on projects, workload of staff, fundraising success of partners and other needs. Hours will increase to support campaigns and events. Offeror may include a cap on the number of hours available. The Tourism and Marketing Director or designee will be the point of contact for the awarded contractor.
3.2 APPLICABLE DIRECTIVES
The contractor is responsible for identifying and complying with all state and federal requirements that apply to the contract.
3.3 SPECIFICATIONS AND STRATEGY
E. SPECIFICATIONS The offeror must demonstrate an ability to meet or exceed the following guidelines. This includes, but is not limited to:
1. Advance the STATE’s strategic vision for growth and development;
2. Ensure and maintain a unified state brand that highlights the work of all divisions and offices within the STATE, as well as the State of North Dakota;
3. Increase awareness, understanding of and support for the work of the STATE among its stakeholders and the general public;
4. Enhance the image for North Dakota;
5. Assist in the development, implementation, and evaluation of successful marketing strategies with measurable objectives, specifically those which either recruit workforce or keep young people in the state;
6. Provide project Management and meeting reports that provide current project status, decisions made, next steps, responsible persons, and timelines per project;
7. Provide monthly activity reports that detail Contractor and staff hours per project;
8. Develop future program recommendations based on research and feedback; and
9. Possess and demonstrate that offeror is open to multiple points of contacts with the STATE team as well as multiple points of contacts with the contractor. For example, the offeror should demonstrate continuity of service if unforeseen circumstances occur.
June 16, 2020
North Dakota Department of Commerce 1600 East Century Avenue P.O. Box 2057 Bismarck, North Dakota 58502-2057
Relevant agencies to consider include MWWPR and Zeno group.