Athabasca University, Canada’s Open and Online University, is dedicated to the removal of barriers that restrict access to success in university-level studies and to increasing equality of educational opportunity for adult learners worldwide. We are committed to excellence in teaching, research, and scholarship and to being of service to the public.
Athabasca University (AU) has been a leader in distance and online learning since its inception in 1970. Today, the University serves over 40,000 students throughout Alberta, across Canada, and in more than 80 countries worldwide. AU offers online Bachelors, Masters, PhD programs, certificates and diplomas, alongside online courses for personal and professional development. The University’s online and distance approach to learning makes it possible for people to take courses and earn degrees regardless of their location, family commitments, career obligations, or lifestyle. It is uniquely founded on the principles of flexibility and openness, giving learners control over their studies so they can obtain higher education whenever and wherever it is right for them.
Scope of work
Working with AU’s integrated marketing and communication team, the successful proponent will leverage the brand research results to update the brand strategy and build AU’s creative platform that will support subsequent integrated campaigns.
The successful Proponent is to provide the following services and deliverables:
· Brand strategy, including but not limited to brand positioning, key messaging, and brand communication and promotion considerations among AU’s target audiences;
· Refresh of AU’s brand and visual guidelines to align with the updated brand strategy;
· Build a creative platform that includes all elements that will support future integrated marketing and communication campaigns; AU requests a minimum of two (2) distinct creative platform options that supports the brand strategy.
AU is anticipating this work to commence in accordance with the key dates (section 3.5), with the intention of having updated integrated marketing and communication campaign(s) live in the fall timeframe with all project deliverables complete by December 31, 2021.
We are intending to work with the successful proponent on campaign creative concepts based on the brand strategy and creative platform, focusing on developing elements that will be used in content development, digital advertising campaigns, social media, website and landing pages, out of home advertising, and other applications.
The successful Proponent will be required to sign a Non-Disclosure/Confidentiality agreement upon awarding of the contract.
Proponents responding to this RFP must:
· Provide an Agency profile, including history, mission, values, organizational chart.
· Describe proposed approach and/or work plan based on the services required.
· Provide Account Management Structure with a skills profile and a list of key personnel.
· Have demonstrated experience with brand management.
· Provide testimonials and a minimum of three (3) references from past clients.
· Provide a portfolio and at least two (2) examples of previous work.
· Be able to meet biweekly for status updates virtually.
The University will evaluate all Proponents based on the Selection Criteria described in this RFP. As part of this evaluation, preference will be given to Proponents who:
· Have experience working in the post-secondary sector in Canada.
All Proposals must be received by the University before the Closing Date, June 11
1 University Drive
Athabasca, AB T9S3A3, Canada
Top Public Relations News:
Olympic Games Logo, a Future Rorschach Test Card
How has PR changed in 2020
Periscope: High Visibility on Social Media and Drunk Driving Don’t Mix
Fitness Together Hires Heinrich Marketing
Nassau County Issues Advertising RFP
Michael Sitrick & APCO Are PR Leaders In The News
Snohomish County Issues Federal Governmental RFP
SPARC, Scholarly Publishing and Academic Resources Coalition Issues Publicity RFP
HP Hires Former SAP Exec as Head of PR
News From Alison Brod, Steinreich Communications, Wunderman, Burson-Marsteller, and Brunswick