Our destination marketing efforts will be aimed to complement Auburn’s economic development efforts by developing a stronger brand, efficient and strategic messaging, and by building a more positive perception of Auburn. Auburn Tourism could benefit from an integrated campaign to shape and promote our brand awareness, increase consumer engagement with our website during the trip planning stage, and change the perception of Auburn so that it is seen as an appealing destination to internal and external guests alike.
There are numerous Auburns scattered throughout the U.S. We need to emerge as a distinct city that emerges as an affordable city that offers big Pacific Northwest adventures. Summer is a busy time in Auburn due to plentiful events and sunshine, with high occupancy levels at our seven hotels. The shoulder season from October – June could really use a big boost in our visitor count.
Auburn is a welcoming community nestled in a valley with just a 15 minute drive to the nearby international airport, SEA-TAC. Auburn is the land of two rivers, home to two nations with an amazing view of Mt. Rainier. Auburn has a population of 77,000 and growing, and includes two counties. Come learn more about us at ExploreAuburn.com
Scope of Work:
We want you to create the strategy and messaging, manage the campaign, and identify the media buy budget needed for a successful campaign. The proposal shall detail the agency fees to develop a marketing plan which should include the following components in the Scope of Work:
Branding & Media Strategy:
- Put the finishing touches on our brand identity to showcase the city’s assets and amenities compatible with our new tourism website and tourism videos.
- Generate awareness and visibility by telling our story, showcasing the experiences of Auburn to entice overnight stays.
Identify Market Segments & Propose Media Mix Using Traditional and Out of the Box Methods:
- Strategize, research, and identify market segments in which we can align our marketing efforts incorporating brand, website, and video accordingly.
- Design a campaign to help us to build brand awareness to local and regional markets with our existing assets (tourism videos and tourism website) to our target market.
- Manage digital advertising campaigns.
- Conduct a pay per click google words campaign.
- Utilize paid campaigns to drive traffic to custom website landing page
- Help us build our online presence for SEO.
- Market Research – Track website analytics and report on them regularly; track advertising success rates via click throughs, website landing pages, etc.
Paid Media Budget Development
- Increase destination awareness through paid advertising to key markets.
- Identify advertising methods and outlets that will garner maximum exposure with a limited budget to result in increased visits, hotel bookings.
- Effectively incorporate the branding and messaging, story pitch development of the campaigns to position Auburn as an ideal destination.
The main objective would be to curate stories about Auburn’s attractions, events, and recreational activities that will be picked up by national and regional media with a focus on travel publications and outlets. We do not want to advertise in these publications, we wish to be featured in them.
Your help in building awareness of Auburn as a destination for visitors by creating a buzz about Auburn in the region about Auburn’s positive attributes should result in stories and coverage in the Seattle – Tacoma DMA.
We need your expertise to create stronger connections between Auburn’s primary tourism assets and develop new assets to attract more visitors to Auburn. As we continue to enhance the visitor experience, we want to promote what Auburn has to offer to play, stay, and explore.
Lorraine Chachere, Tourism Coordinator
25 West Main Street
Auburn, WA 98001
Top Public Relations News:
Social Media PR: Non-commercial Social Media Round Table in New York
From Wood Mills to Mobile Phones
Public Relations Even More Important When Mistrust is Rampant
APCO Worldwide Grows Indian PR Practice
Coyne PR Profile
Drake University Students Make Plans to Turn Manning into a Popular Destination
Energy Trust Of Oregon Issues Marketing RFP
Public Relations Firms In Nigeria, Africa Ain’t Being Paid
Napa County Executive Office Issues Social Media RFP
How to Promote Your YouTube Channel