The City of Georgetown’s Convention & Visitors Bureau (“CVB”) is seeking proposals from qualified public relations firms to leverage unpaid media coverage of Georgetown as a tourist destination and to support growth of the City’s tourism economy.
Georgetown is the sixth-fastest growing city above 50,000 population level in the U.S., according to data released by the U.S. Census Bureau in May 2018. The City’s estimated population is 59,391 within the City limits, increasing to 85,753 when the extraterritorial jurisdictions are included. The City draws visitors from across the state and nation to experience and enjoy the history, culture and attractions. The CVB’s goal is to become a Destination for Unique Experiences, a priority of the Georgetown City Council. The CVB manages advertising, promotion and solicitation efforts to market the City as a place for conventions, meetings, sports tournaments, group tours, heritage tourism and day trippers.
Scope of Work:
The successful proposer shall, for each issue, provide, but not limited, the following:
- Develop a media strategy which complements the current marketing strategies of the Georgetown CVB;
- Develop and distribute written materials (e.g. press releases, editorials) to media (print and on-line) to generate five to ten unpaid feature articles in travel, tourism and lifestyle publications or websites;
- Publicity can be related to City events, promotions and destination activities and amenities;
- Feature articles should appear in publications such as Texas Monthly, Texas Highways, Southern Living, D Magazine, Houstonia, San Antonio Magazine and other travel, tourism, and lifestyle magazines and online publications to be defined by common agreement;
- Follow up on outreach efforts and track unpaid media coverage received;
- Provide monthly status reports, including estimated number of impressions and media value.
Top Public Relations News:
Should You Hire a PR Agency?
5WPR Expands Beauty Practice Adding WUNDER2 to Client Roster
From A PR Crisis To A New Conversation
Feature Q & A With Peter Dayot of Publicus Community
Fort Worth, Texas Needs Public Relations Firm
How Will Businesses Control Employees Social Media Behavior
Vista, California Issues Branding RFP
Pornhub Is Necessary Viewing For PR Professionals
Sysomos Shows You How to Turn Social Intelligence into Smart Crisis Prevention
A Business is Only as Good as Those Who Represent It