The City of Commerce City, Colorado seeks proposals for the provision of professional state advocacy and lobbying services. As one of the state’s fastest growing cities, Commerce City is redefining itself for the next generation, building on historic values of community, industry, agriculture and family. Centrally located along Colorado’s bustling Front Range, Commerce City is a Quality Community for a Lifetime, with 25 miles of trails, a championship golf course, 840 acres of open space and parks, one of the country’s largest soccer complexes and the nation’s largest urban wildlife refuge.
Table of Contents - Everything PR News
Scope of Work:
The contractor will:
- Provide professional services and consulting related to state lobbying and advocacy, policy analysis and legislative drafting on subjects pertinent to municipal government within the State of Colorado General Assembly.
- Provide professional services related to effective and cooperative communication at pertinent state agencies. Proposer shall carefully coordinate with the City to advance policies and resolve issues among regulators and service providers operating adjacent, within, or having an effect on municipal operations, with a keen understanding of policies affecting Commerce City.
- Although the final scope of services will be negotiated with the successful Respondent; below is a list of tasks that the Respondent may be asked to participate in.Establish communication structure between Respondent and Commerce City staff, and city council.
- Recommend strategies and tactics to achieve Commerce City’s legislative and administrative priorities.
- Prepare to pursue Commerce City’s legislative agenda, including securing bill sponsorship, drafting language for legislation, coordinating legislative drafting, and soliciting support.
- Review all bills as introduced, forwarding those of interest to the City pursuant to the developed communications plan. Follow the progress of bills of importance to Commerce City and provide similar analysis and review of amendments to the bills.
- Advocate City’s position to members of the General Assembly, the Executive Branch, and other interested parties. Identify opportunities for elected officials and city officials to participate in the process and make recommendations. Those opportunities include, but are not limited to, communication to legislators, providing testimony at legislative hearings, and communication the Governor and the Governor’s staff.
- Work with other groups that either share or dispute City’s positions. Work to understand the position of others and whether to utilize support or mitigate opposition by those parties on issues of importance to the city.
- Conduct ongoing communication with the City via telephone conversations, emails, written and oral reports, as well as formal briefings.
- Coordinate annual legislative dinner with City staff, confirming attendance of general assembly members and key executive officials, drafting talking points, and meeting agenda.
- Provide report on legislative session no later than June 30th of each year.
September 28, 2017
Glenys Trost, Administrative Specialist
City of Commerce City
7887 E. 60th Avenue
Commerce City, CO 80022