Consumer Product Safety Commission Seeks News Release Distribution Service
The purpose of this RFP is to hire a contractor that shall provide electronic distribution of CPSC press releases, blogs, statements, and other documents to newsrooms nationwide in the U.S. and translate CPSC press releases, blogs, and other documents into Spanish.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is a small, independent regulatory agency with the mission of protecting consumers from injury and death relating to 15,000 different types of products under its jurisdiction. CPSC often makes important news vital to keeping consumers safe. The agency utilizes an electronic distribution service to distribute and amplify its recall announcement and product safety messages to a broad, nationwide audience.
Scope of Work:
The contractor shall provide electronic distribution of CPSC press releases, blogs, statements, and other documents to newsrooms nationwide in the U.S. and translate CPSC press releases, blogs, and other documents into Spanish.
- Independently, and not as an agent of the Government, the Contractor shall furnish all necessary labor, materials and services to provide distribution and translation services.
- The contractor shall provide electronic distribution services and shall transmit CPSC news releases and other documents to national, local, and Hispanic media, reaching a minimum of 3,000 media outlets.
- The contractor shall send press releases to members of media (i.e. meteorologists) in targeted regions upon request by CPSC.
- The contractor shall receive and distribute multiple news releases simultaneously.
- The contractor shall receive from CPSC and distribute up to 200 news releases, blogs, statements and other documents in English, each containing unlimited word count.
- The contractor shall proofread and, if necessary, edit CPSC press releases, blogs, statements and other documents and get verbal or electronic final approval from CPSC’s Office of Communications prior to distribution.
- Electronic distribution shall be transmitted via newswire within one (1) hour of electronic receipt from CPSC to the contractor.
- The contractor shall be prepared to receive electronic distribution twenty-four (24) hours a day.
- The contractor shall provide a confirmation report and a report tracking views to CPSC’s Office of Communications for each press release distributed.
- The contractor shall translate and distribute up to 50 CPSC releases and other documents per year into Spanish with unlimited word count.
- The contractor shall translate news releases and other documents with up to 400 words into Spanish within four (4) hours after receiving the English version or the next business day, if received after 3 p.m. ET. An additional one (1) hour per 100 words will be allowed for news releases that exceed 400 words. This translation time does not include additional CPSC approvals or changes following the initial translation submitted by the contractor to CPSC for approval. Contractor shall distribute the translated news releases immediately upon CPSC approval.
- To ensure timely translations and consistent use of CPSC’s favored language, the contractor shall establish a designated team to process CPSC’s requests for Spanish translation.