EfficiencyOne is seeking a Creative Services Agency to support our marketing and communications goals. These goals support Efficiency Nova Scotia’s mandate to provide energy efficiency services for residents and businesses within Nova Scotia, and our purpose to help people build a better world through efficiency.
Creative Services is an existing service, for which the
current contract is set to expire in 2019. In accordance with EfficiencyOne’s
procurement practices and procedures we are issuing this RFP to seek
competitive proposals for the provision of these services over the next few
years. It is anticipated that the term of any subsequent agreement will be for
three (3) years with the option to renew for 2 years.
EfficiencyOne, as the franchise holder of Efficiency Nova Scotia, promotes:
• residential and commercial energy efficiency services;
• our efficiency trade network, to attract contractors and service providers;
• our annual Bright Business Conference;
• corporate messaging; and
• additional program marketing as funding allows.
Ideally the successful Proponent(s) would be strategic and
tactical, creative and practical, performance-oriented and budget-focused.
EfficiencyOne is looking for qualified proponents with strong strategic
creative and excellent tactical executions. Proponent(s) must have a base in
Nova Scotia and be seasoned in the Nova Scotia market, with a clear
understanding of what motivates Nova Scotians’ decision-making and how to
positively influence that process. Previous experience with Creative Services
pertaining to energy efficiency is considered an asset.
EfficiencyOne is looking to select one firm to act as it’s
agency of record (AOR) to provide most or all of the Creative Services, as
outlined in the Scope of Services. However, the selected Proponent will not be
considered the exclusive Creative Services provider, as EfficiencyOne reserves
the right to engage other suppliers throughout the term of any agreement
resultant from this RFP.
Scope of Work:
EfficiencyOne is seeking a creative services agency to help
design, develop, and execute marketing and communications materials and
The Creative Services Agency will be a key partner to EfficiencyOne and will be responsible for the development and implementation of creative strategy and production as follows:
A. Creative Strategy
This includes, but is not limited to, strategic
consultation, research, messaging, copywriting, and creative direction for
marketing multiple Efficiency Nova Scotia and energy efficiency solutions to
the following groups: homeowners, renters, low-income Nova Scotians,
small-to-large businesses, and institutions.
EfficiencyOne is looking for an Agency that has
proven experience in both business-to-business and residential consumer-based
marketing. Experience in behavior-based marketing, content marketing, or
marketing to any of the groups listed above would be considered an asset.
This covers day-to-day general marketing materials (e.g. brochures, advertisements, retail signage, sales kits, application forms, etc.) for Efficiency Nova Scotia brand activities that help explain the energy efficiency solutions available to Nova Scotian businesses and homeowners.
Work will also involve Efficiency Nova Scotia brand strategy, brand stewardship/management, as well as digital and social media campaigns.
It may also occasionally cover day-to-day general marketing materials, brand stewardship/brand management, and digital social media campaigns for EfficiencyOne and/or others as require
The following are general performance requirements to be provided by the Agent:
• Work out of their own Nova Scotia based office, EfficiencyOne will not provide office space
• Have the ability to track detailed project costs and expenses on a per project basis;
• Produce weekly status reports and be available for weekly status meetings with EfficiencyOne;
• Provide a high level of accuracy and proofreading in the work product, any time incurred revisiting original edits will not be paid for by EfficiencyOne;
• Be able to accommodate some travel around Nova Scotia, as required;
• Be responsible for the production of all materials, with occasional exceptions outlined by EfficiencyOne;
• Agree that EfficiencyOne will own all design files, images and fonts purchased on our behalf;
• Agree to use EfficiencyOne’s basecamp (or other project management tool at EfficiencyOne’s discretion) to communicate on a day-to-day basis;
• Provide a project-by-project pricing structure, based on hourly rates.
• Acknowledge and agree that they will not place a mark-up on fees for outside design, production work, or printing. EfficiencyOne will not accept mark-up fees for these activities, and may require supporting documentation be provided on receipt of invoice for these charges;
• Acknowledge and agree that they will work collaboratively as a team with other EfficiencyOne selected suppliers and partners (e.g. media buy partner, digital partner, photographers, video production, or other creative agencies, etc.) as required;
• Provide reasonable access to their staff and provide adequate staffing or approved contracted suppliers to ensure timelines and priorities are consistently met;
• Have the capacity to handle multiple projects and priorities simultaneously (occasional evening and weekend work may be required);
• For each project:
o Provide a creative brief, workback schedule, and cost estimate;
o Obtain approval from EfficiencyOne on all projects before work begins unless specified otherwise.
o Upon sign-off of the project scope and estimate, EfficiencyOne will expect the Agency to begin the project within 24-hours, unless otherwise specified/agreed upon between the parties;
o Deliver to EfficiencyOne all working files, at the end of a project.