Hempstead UFSD is located in central Long Island and encompasses the community of Hempstead Village. The District serves approximately 8,000 students in one high school, one middle school, six elementary schools, one kindergarten school and one pre-kindergarten school. The Board of Education meets the third Thursday of each month (a schedule is available upon request or by going to www.hempsteadschools.org.
Scope of Work:
Public Relations Services
- Possess excellent communication skills and be able to work effectively with the Superintendent, Board of Education, and all members of the Hempstead School community in order to implement desired outcomes regarding public relations.
- Provide consultation and assist with the development of a district-wide coordinated public relations strategy.
- Maintain relations with assigned media outlets in order to facilitate consistent coverage of Hempstead UFSD activities in the local and regional electronic and print media, which can include social media. Additional coverage shall be warranted in appropriate educational publications, as needed.
- Develop, write, edit, and distribute press releases, follow up with media contacts, and develop special press releases and advisories for unique stories in order to secure daily and weekly newspaper, television, and other media coverage with district-approved media outlets. This may involve taking photographs at newsworthy District events, which could include Board of Education meetings.
- Provide assistance and implementation of strategic action plans related to communicating the District’s educational goals and issues relating to local, state, and federal elected officials.
- Ability to summarize and articulate important policy or operational activities of the District for public dissemination.
- When directed by the District, Provider will take the lead with the media during crisis or other important communication situations. During an emergency the Provider may act as the District’s Communications Officer.
HEMPSTEAD SCHOOLS BUSINESS OFFICE
185 PENINSULA BLVD.
HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. 11550
Top Public Relations News:
Gordon Ramsay’s “F” Class, Absofuckinglutely Michelin Starred
STATE OF WASHINGTON ISSUES MARKETING AND DIGITAL MEDIA RFP
Congressman busted for failure to disclose business interest
And the Washington Post – A Fire Sale?
Is AI Coming for Your Job?
Orlando, Florida Wants Marketing Agency
Port of Pittsburgh Commission Needs Support for Public Relations Initiative
Denver Marketing Office Seeking PR Agency
Northern Illinois University Issues Mobile Marketing RFP
PR Review: Vocus News-On-Demand – SaaS PR Service for Professionals