What you will learn...
Purpose / Background:
- Knoxville’s Community Development Corporation (KCDC) is the public housing and redevelopment agency for the City of Knoxville and for the County of Knox in Tennessee. KCDC’s public housing property portfolio includes 20 sites with approximately 3,547 dwelling units. KCDC also administers approximately 3,958 vouchers and 82 moderate rehabilitation units through our Section 8 department.
- KCDC’s existing “contract” for public relations services is nearing its maximum award length (five years) and with this solicitation, KCDC intends to secure the cost effective services of a strategically oriented, highly creative agency to meet its public relations needs. KCDC’s primary objective is to create a proactive marketing strategy for the Agency, utilizing both traditional and social media to get original content to our customers and the broader community, while reducing public relations service costs. Thus proposers are encouraged to be creative in their suggested approach to meeting KCDC’s needs.
- The selected firm must have the ability to move quickly from one project to the next. KCDC expects prime attention from senior account service/creative personnel. KCDC wants a partnership with a firm so that united KCDC and the firm reach set goals.
- The award will include routine services as well as services needed on an “as needed” basis.
- KCDC anticipates this award commencing on or about March 1, 2018.
Scope of Work:
KCDC desires cost effective, routine services and “as needed” public relations services. The selected firm will perform important routine services for KCDC as well as periodic special projects. Both types of services are detailed below.
- Routine services include such things as:
- Developing, implementing, and evaluating a proactive marketing strategy for KCDC, incorporating both traditional and social media outlets.
- Establishing, monitoring, updating, and creating Content for KCDC’s social media sites including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram. This includes posting notices and solicitations for KCDC’s Procurement Division.
- Social Media Communications services such as meeting notices and construction project updates via social media including Facebook, Twitter and E‐blasts. This includes posting notices and solicitations for KCDC’s Procurement Division.
- Issuing press releases on KCDC’s behalf, and working with media to build interest in KCDC related content.
- Monitoring local media outlets for stories involving KCDC, providing KCDC with such information and then guiding KCDC’s response if applicable.
- Monitoring Knoxville City Council meetings (including committees) for issues involving KCDC providing KCDC with such information and then guiding KCDC’s response if applicable.
- Monitoring Knox County Commission meetings (including committees) for issues involving KCDC providing KCDC with such information and then guiding KCDC’s response if applicable.
These services mean that your firm reviews the meeting agendas to determine if there are agendas items relevant to KCDC. If so, your firm will monitor those items either in person or through meeting minutes, community television broadcasts or other methods as appropriate for KCDC’s efforts and needs.
- As needed services could include:
- Annual Progress Reports
- Creative Development
- Crisis Communications. In the event of a crisis, the selected firm may support KCDC by way of informational materials, messaging, social media and other communication materials to assist with the crisis at hand.
- Media Development
- Media Placement
- Press Conferences
- Print Advertising
- Solicit for free media time and/or space for public service announcements.
- Social media (such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, et cetera) campaigns for specific projects
This is not an all‐inclusive list and many “as needed” services are not products from the proposer but rather press releases about items. Specific “as needed” items from the past include:
- A video concerning KCDC’s HOPE VI project
- A flyer about the Residences at Eastport
- A multifold booklet about “Changing the Face of Public Housing”
February 23rd, 2018
Knoxville’s Community Development Corporation
901 N. Broadway
Knoxville, TN 37917
Pr firms with city experience includes Zeno Group.