Marketing RFP Issued By UNWTO
The UNWTO invites proposals by email for “Marketing Plan implementation for UNWTO Tourism Online Academy”.
The World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) is the United Nations agency responsible for the promotion of responsible, sustainable and universally accessible tourism. As the leading international organization in the field of tourism, UNWTO promotes tourism as a driver of economic growth, inclusive development and environmental sustainability and offers leadership and support to the sector in advancing knowledge and tourism policies worldwide. UNWTO encourages the implementation of the Global Code of Ethics for Tourism, to maximize tourism’s socio- economic contribution while minimizing its possible negative impacts, and is committed to promoting tourism as an instrument in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), geared towards reducing poverty and fostering sustainable development worldwide. UNWTO generates market knowledge, promotes competitive and sustainable tourism policies and instruments, fosters tourism education and training, and works to make tourism an effective tool for development through technical assistance projects in over 100 countries around the world. UNWTO’s membership includes 166 countries and territories and more than 500 Affiliate Members representing the private sector, educational institutions, tourism associations and local tourism authorities. One of the strongest priorities of UNWTO is to digitalize education, to become more accessible and useful for everyone. In this regard, UNWTO Tourism Online Academy, in partnership with IE, was officially launched and presented at the framework of the UNWTO 23rd General Assembly 9 September 2019. The Tourism Online Academy is an online learning platform which provides self-paced online courses that mainly focus on concepts, areas of interest and fundamental principles related to the tourism, hospitality and destination management industries. Participants are able to study at their own pace and have access to courses from top universities around the world at an affordable price.
Scope of Work:
UNWTO Innovation and Digital Transformation Department is seeking, qualified established Marketing-specialized companies to implement Marketing plan for the Tourism Online Academy
The objective for implementation of the Marketing Plan for the Tourism Online Academy is to provide services and actions focused on increasing the lead generation of the Tourism Online Academy. Specifically, the implementation of the Marketing Plan will:
• Enhance customer relationships
• Build brand awareness
• Grow market share
• Increase leads
• Increase sales
The maximum budget for the project is 50.000 EUR (including all expenses and VAT).
The Scope of Work of the agency is to focus its work and expertise on Lead Generation regarding the distinct points described below:
• Social Media channel marketing: Develop and manage digital marketing campaign under the supervision of IE University.
• Optimize content for the website and social networking channels such as Facebook, Twitter, I nstagram, YouTube, etc.
• Set-up and creation 3-4 rotating ads/variations.
• Track the website traffic flow ensuring consistent tracking of campaigns.
• Fix any error in online content.
• Edit and post content, videos, podcasts, and audio content on online sites.
• Promote company’s product and services in the digital space.
• Execute social media efforts to improve KPIs, likes, shares, tweets, etc.
The expected end product of this assignment will be: (1) A complete execution Marketing Plan clearly detailing tasks and responsibilities of each actor within the point 4 “Scope of work”
6. Imputs The agency will receive a Marketing Plan for its implementation
7. Evaluation Criteria Technical bids shall be evaluated according to the following criteria and scoring:
• Have excellent program management skills and demonstrated experience in managing international projects with activities in multiple countries.
• Have an established track record in Marketing, communications, branding and knowledge management, including web management, video and graphic development and editing, proofreading and copy editing; knowledge and experience in social media management (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, blogs)
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Demonstrated experience working with a variety of stakeholders.
• Experience of working in a multicultural team and proven ability to build relationships with project partners
• Graduate degree in a relevant discipline
• Excellent abilities in the use of ICTs, including developing and web-based resources, especially for project management and remote communication
• Fluency in English is required, and additional language skills are a plus
• A minimum of five years of relevant professional work experience
• Analyzing sets of services provided by educational institutions establishments would be a strong asset
• Analyzing market preferably of education services/products would be a strong asset
• Implementing marketing strategy preferably for educational services and institutions would be a strong asset
• Following strict time frame
During the field work, the consultant will be accompanied by a UNWTO and IE staff. UNWTO and IE staff will review and comment on the implementation of the marketing plan provided. A monthly report of the implementation of marketing plan will also be needed.
Agencies worth considering for this assignment include Zeno PR and Edelman PR.