Media RFP Issued Regarding Healthy Hygiene Behaviours
NISHTHA intends to work closely with an agency having an expertise in social and behaviour change communication for promotion of behaviour changes. Emphasis would be laid upon tailor made Social Behaviour Change Communication (SBCC), campaign aimed at addressing behaviour change barriers in practicing healthy hygiene behaviours among the targeted communities. The 360-degree SBCC campaign would focus on promoting healthy hygiene behaviours during celebration of important events such as World Handwashing Day, World Toilet Day and World water Day and engaging stakeholders through various platforms for increasing awareness on healthy hygiene behaviours and creating “Agent of Change”
Jhpiego is an international non-profit organization (www.jhpiego.org). Jhpiego works in India across various health areas such as maternal child health, family planning, comprehensive primary health care (CPHC) in collaboration with Government of India (GOI).
NISHTHA is flagship health systems strengthening project supported by USAID and being implemented by Jhpiego. NISHTHA aims to transform, redesign and re-engineer primary healthcare in India to meet the goals of provisioning equitable, comprehensive and client-centered primary health care that contributes to improved health outcomes for India’s marginalized and vulnerable populations, especially women and girls. NISHTHA is working closely with National and State Governments to strengthen the Ayushman Bharat-Health and Wellness Centres (AB-HWC) platform to achieve the goal of strengthening comprehensive primary healthcare. The project is providing technical support to MoHFW at national level and state governments across 12 states, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Odisha, Jharkhand, Assam and seven north eastern states (Meghalaya, Manipur, Sikkim, Tripura, Nagaland, Mizoram and Arunachal Pradesh).
NISHTHA is currently implementing Healthy Hygiene Behaviour project in 4 states i.e. Madhya Pradesh, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh and Nagaland to enhance the focus on inculcating positive behaviours towards improved health and hygiene by leveraging the existing platforms and community level interventions. The project aims to pilot strategically tailor and deploy key public health and hygiene messages to raise awareness in schools, health promotion, and wellness activities at primary health facilities and demonstrate a community social and behavioural change communication (SBCC) model and inter-sectoral convergence model for promoting healthy hygiene practices. The project also aims to leverage technology to disseminate information related to healthy hygiene behaviour and increase the reach within the community.
Scope of Work:
• Implement and demonstrate impact of SBCC components for enhancing knowledge, attitude and practices towards healthy hygiene behaviours.
The scope of work for agency would be as follows:
A] 360-degree SBCC campaign for promoting healthy behaviours
• Develop communication collaterals in multiple media formats including print, audiovisual and digital for the campaigns (banners, poster, social media tiles, podcast, short AVs, videos etc.)
• Tap on multiple platforms for leveraging the campaigns (Facebook, twitter, Linked, Instagram)
• Production of a series of new articles, write- ups, features, editorials and photo stories for various stakeholders including national population, policy makers, international audience, government partners.
• Development of repository of communication materials, case studies and other materials for distribution/engagement on social media i.e. Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn for promoting healthy hygiene behaviour.
B] Social media campaign for promoting healthy hygiene behaviours.
• Creating social media assets (including tiles, videos and graphics) on promoting healthy hygiene behaviours among children, adolescent and families.
• Creating hashtag and slogan on healthy hygiene behaviours such as handwashing, safe drinking water and safe toilets.
• Engaging partners and target communities on social media through twitter chats, events, discussions, live sessions, Facebook stories, podcasts etc
• Running social media campaign on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, You Tube and others on occasion on world handwashing day, world toilet day and world water day.
C] Conduct events for promoting healthy hygiene behaviours
• Coordinating with key stakeholders/partners for conducting events
• Conducting events such as webinar/Radio show/Ted talk/ Facebook live session/panel discussion for promoting healthy hygiene behaviours on world handwashing day, world toilet day and world water day
• Pre-post events promotion and event related collateral development to ensure maximum reach and engagement.
D] Conduct Innovative challenges for engaging stakeholder
• Floating challenges such as photography/slogan/caption/ change agent videos for engaging stakeholders for promoting healthy hygiene behaviours on occasion on world handwashing day, world toilet day and world water day.
• Agency to come up with list of innovative challenges in consultation with NISHTHA-Jhpiego team for floating challenges every week.
D] Developing monitoring and evaluation mechanism for measuring reach, impact and engagement of the campaign
• Developing monitoring mechanism for measuring reach and engagement of the campaign.
• Report on metrics such as reach, engagement, volume, amplifications and exposure of the campaign both for social media and onsite campaign
• Comprehensive documentation of the campaigns including a repository of photos and videos of the event and a final report on each of the campaigns
1. Improved knowledge, aptitude and practices on health hygiene behaviour among target communities
2. Improved healthy hygiene behaviours among families and communities
3. A repository of communication collaterals in print, audio, visual and digital formats
4. A repository of photos and videos capturing campaign activities
Due Date: Apply By: 30 Sep 2021
Address: 1615 Thames Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
Relevant agencies include MWWPR and Prosek Partners.