The Lower Merion Library System (LMLS) is a dynamic group of six libraries, located several miles west of Philadelphia, which serves approximately 60,000 residents of Lower Merion Township, a suburb of Philadelphia. With reading on the wane nationally, this national library circulates approximately 1 million items per year.
They are in seek of a website design agency who can redesign their current site (www.lmls.org) to improve usability, make virtual access more mobile‐friendly, increase social media presence, incorporate branding and in general provide a better service to the public. The site provides a gateway to library information and services, offers access to the library catalog and patron accounts, and acts as a guide to other information resources on the Internet.
The site must contain the following content:
- Information for each library and the library system as a whole, including address, phone, directions, fundraising/donation functionality (such as Just Give and PayPal), library hours, days closed and holidays
- Power Library icon with link to list of e‐resources
- Hoopla, OneClick and Overdrive icons with links to services
- Announcements, news, programs
- Link to LM Township page at http://www.lowermerion.org/
- Links to mission statement; staff directory; library jobs
- Calendar of Events
- Patron account access: Link to allow patrons to log into their Polaris account information (library card and PIN number required)
- Inspiration for users to learn more by digging deeper
General features of the website must include but are not limited to:
- Graphic designs optimized for web viewing that allow visitors to focus on site content.
- A method to maintain uniform text display throughout the site pages such as CSS. Centralized menus, headers and footers that allow updating from one area.
- Search engine functionality for site visitors by keyword or phrase
- Link or links to credit card payment facility for donations (via Just Give, PayPal or other third party vendor).
- Links to social media sites. (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Ability to incorporate blogging & social media services into web pages.
Proposals are due December 18, 2015, and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is a budget of $15,000 in its totality for this assignment.
Top Public Relations News:
Everyone Needs PR – and Here’s Why
Pope PR: Man of the People Establishes his Public Relations Image
Reputation Laundering Made in Britain
Zimmerman Chosen by CARFAX as Agency of Record
Three Top Public Relations Firms in Germany
Branding RFP Issued By University of Bath
MWWPR Moves Past & Present, MDC Partner Agencies, Bite London, and more.
Davis County Tourism Issues Marketing RFP
Zeta Global Re-Launch & Rollout
If Facebook Controlled the Internet