National Council of Negro Women Issues Website RFP
National Council of Negro Women requests proposalsfor a vendor partner to redesign and refresh our currentwebsite at https://ncnw.org/.
NCNW’s current website is outdated and needs a refresh to accomplish our current marketing objectives. Our primary goals are to strengthen our online presence, build brand awareness and provide an overview of our services to better provide credibility to our clients and prospects. Additionally, we want our redesigned website to reflect our culture and values to attract potential new hires. The site is currently built in a proprietary membership tool, vireo, but we are seeking other platforms as an alternative, if there are solutions that provide better functionality and ease of use. Wewould like to be able to make edit to the content and design in-house so the back endneeds to be user-friendly. We also seek a website that allows for connectivity between our membership portal and donor relations software. While out site does provide some analytics, we would like to build into the new site a more robust and in-depth tracking,monitoring effectiveness and measuring future lead generating campaigns. We wish tohave the site built in a platform that will exist on our servers with a cloud-based redundancy. In these times, it is important to have integration and connectivity with social media throughout the site.
Some aspects of your ideal website to consider…
· Brand identity – Consistent with NCNW style guide
· Content strategy – Long-term use and crisis management as the needarises
· Site architecture – Development with levels of access to protect access to certain information that would reside on your site with a passwordprotected section
· SEO Keyword Analysis & Analytics Integrations – should be standard,example: Google Analytics, Google Search Console, etc.
· Same Domain name
· Homepage/subsite interaction
· Customer service interaction (CEG forms) for Lead generation –creation of different forms for departmental needs
· Online donations and fund development – direct link to donation form?
· Blogs – Use of subsequent blogs for information by department or foci
· What additional features are you interested in adding to your site: Photo Gallery, Slideshow, Video, Downloadable Documents/files, InternalSearch Feature, Calendar, etc…)
· website maintenance & hosting and professional help with software updates/ security
The National Council of Negro Women is an “organization of organizations” (comprised of 310 campus and community-based sections and 32 national women’s organizations) that enlightens, inspires and connects more than 2,000,000 women andmen. Its mission is to lead, advocate for, and empower women of African descent, their families and communities. NCNW was founded in 1935 by Dr. Mary McLeod Bethune,an influential educator and activist, and for more than fifty years, the iconic Dr.Dorothy Height was president of NCNW. Johnnetta Betsch Cole was elected Chair of NCNW in 2018, ushering in a new era of social activism and continued progress andgrowth for the organization. Today, NCNW’s programs are grounded on a foundation of critical concerns known as “Four for the Future”. NCNW promotes education with a special focus on science, technology, engineering and math; encourages entrepreneurship, financial literacy and economic stability; educates women aboutgood health and HIV/AIDS; promotes civic engagement and advocates for soundpublic policy and social justice.
We are budgeting $25,000 – $50,000 for this website, with a potential additional $5,000– $10,000 for a digital marketing component. When constructing the budget, please list the website, social media and digital marketing as separate components.
Our primary goals are to strengthen our online presence, build brand awareness and provide resources, data and an overview of our services in order to provide credibility toour membership and community. Our secondary goal is soliciting and generating donations.
The National Council of Negro Women is an “organization of organizations” (comprised of 300 campus and community-based sections and 32 national women’s organizations) that enlightens, inspires and connects more than 2,000,000 women and men. NCNW is open to all persons without regard of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation or socioeconomic status.”
Our website should contain a Resource Repository – documents library that users can access and download. This “hub” should also contain embedded media files, such as videos, that can also be shared or downloaded.
The following three websites are considered to be our competitors. NCNW likes the look, and feel as well as ease of use of the mentioned websites.
1. National Urban League- https://nul.org/
2. St. Judes- https://www.stjude.org/
3. Humanitarian Aid for Children in Crisis https://www.unicefusa.org/
In addition, the following websites are alternative examples NCNW would like our web designer to take into consideration when developing and designing our new website.
1. Jack and Jill Incorporated – www.jackandjillinc.org
2. Color of Change- www.colorofchange.org
3. Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Incorporated- https://aka1908.com
4. Delta Sigma Theta Sorority- https://deltasigmatheta.org
· Summary of equipment, services and expected timeline for work to becompleted.
Equipment or Service
· List any and all equipment or services required for this proposed project and the number of each.
· Detailed estimated cost for each piece of equipment or service.
· List any or equipment or services required of a subcontractor, along with a brief explanation.
· List any accommodation, services, or space required from NationalCouncil of
PROPOSAL SUBMISSION DEADLINE: June 15th, 2021
Director of Communications
Relevant agencies to consider include Zeno Group and Edelman PR.