The Steel Valley School District (SVSD) in Pennsylvania serves the boroughs of Homestead, Munhall and West Homestead. From the US Steel Homestead Works to the Homestead Grays Negro League baseball team, there’s a lot happening in these areas. The SVSD also is in the midst of building a strong partnership with Apple, the world leader in the application of technology in education.
Yet, SVSD and its communities face serious issues, as standardized test results place SVSD 452nd out of 500 public school districts in Pennsylvania, and there is extensive violence in schools.
For that reason – and others – they seek a PR firm to:
- Promote SVSD as a great place to learn and to work.
- Promote the Steel Valley area as a great place to live and to raise a family.
- Position SVSD as an innovative leader in public education.
- Inform the development of a Strategic Plan and publicize the thrusts of that plan.
The scope of work will include:
- Propose and implement a media‐relations strategy that increases the positive exposure of SVSD and the Steel Valley area to identified audiences.
- Identify opportunities for media coverage and work to facilitate that coverage.
- Develop and implement a multi-¬‐platform social media strategy.
- Propose and implement a marketing strategy to improve the perception of SVSD and the Steel Valley area.
- Propose and implement a marketing strategy to increase SVSD enrollment.
- Propose and facilitate programs/events to promote SVSD to stakeholders.
Proposals are due by February 10, 2016 to:
Director of Operational Services/Board Secretary
Steel Valley School District
220 E. Oliver Rd
Munhall, PA 15120
Top Public Relations News:
Profile of ZENO Group
Citizens for Modern Transit Issues Public Relations RFP
Flint Water Crisis Creates PR Scandal for Michigan Governor
City of Los Angeles Seeking PR Firm
Lobbying RFP Issued By The City of Philadelphia
Advertising RFP Issued By New Jersey
Greek Company Gaea Selects Its First UK PR Agency
Oregon Workforce Partnership Issues Government Relations RFP
Big Bucks spent by Arabic Countries Promoting Tourism and Lobbying
Public Relations Firms For Cryptocurrency – Is it the Coin of the Future?