The Sacramento Public Library Authority seeks proposals from qualified vendors for a comprehensive website redesign and implementation for the existing public- facing website, www.saclibrary.org.
Scope of Work:
The AUTHORITY has a strong desire to provide library patrons with access to a website that promotes ease of use and has intuitive site architecture and user-centric, mobile-friendly design.
A. UX Features and System Functionality
- Greatly improve discovery and access of Library information, collections, services and content via an effective site architecture and search-engine optimization
- Design for fast and efficient page load times to accommodate users accessing the site on low bandwidth
- Create a UX that is responsive and flexible to patron’s device context, be it desktop/laptop, tablet or other mobile device
- Build layouts, templates and web parts for landing pages, articles, online services and digital signage
- Create digital signage templates to support customizable (by library location) announcements and special events
- Support a robust, built-in news/blog platform that enables users to create, edit and publish news and blog articles to the website
- Align with Library’s brand strategy using a clean, elegant, user-centric design
B. Third-party Platform Integration
- Provide a seamless and integrated experience, providing access to content and platforms via a single, easy-to-use Library-branded online environment
- Third-party platforms include:
- Evanced Event calendar software
- Evanced Meeting room booking software
- OverDrive ebook, audiobook and streaming video platform
- Innovative’s Encore Discovery Solution library catalog
- RSS feed for Syndetics images of library book covers
- Integrate with social media networks, including the ability for web content to be easily shared on social media
- Support creation and integration of APIs for third-party solutions, including Innovative’s Sierra 3.1 APIs
- Provide guidance on industry best practices for content translated into multiple languages
- Create a UX that supports the needs of patrons who require accessibility tools to use the site and align the new design with WC3 Priority 1 Accessibility Guidelines and Section 508 of the US Rehabilitation Act to provide optimal accessibility to our users.
- WC3 Priority 2 and 3 Accessibility Guidelines preferred
D. User Testing
- Incorporate findings and suggestions from Voice of Patron’s website visitor survey results, stakeholder interviews and patron focus groups into the redesign.
- Additional user testing is expected throughout the redesign process.
E. Content Migration
- Migrate applicable current content as determined by the AUTHORITY.
- Provide guidance on industry best practices for additional in-house content migration.
F. Training, Documentation and Post-Launch Support
- Provide site-specific documentation for AUTHORITY custom content for both administrator and editor roles for future development and maintenance of the website.
- Train select administrator and editor roles on how to update and maintain content.
- Provide post-launch technical assistance and support to AUTHORITY staff.
- Support services must be available during business hours for the Pacific time zone.
- Ensure integrity of design via robust QA and testing support through launch and post launch.
August 18, 2017
Top Public Relations News:
Buchanan PR: Philadelphia PR Agency
City of Suffolk Issues Branding RFP
ICANN Collects $350 Million in gTLD Application Fees
Checklist For Successful Business Partnerships
Brilliant PR Move for 1-800-FLOWERS.COM – Lessons from “Undercover Boss”
Kim Kardashian, Twitter and The Law
Merced County Issues Digital Media RFP
Child Care Aware of Washington Seeks Digital PR Firm
Edelman’s Words of a Generation: Vietnam Reveals a People