Santa Rosa County Request for Proposals (RFP) for advertising, marketing and public relations services by an Advertising Agency/Public Relations firm for the Tourist Development Office.
Tourist Development Office is responsible for promoting tourism throughout Santa Rosa County. The TDO directs tourism marketing efforts to grow tourism revenue and contribute to the long-term health of our county’s economy, while striving to improve the quality of life for our residents. The TDO is also responsible for staffing the Navarre Visitor Information Center and coordinating the efforts of the Santa Rosa Tourist Development Council, an advisory board to the Santa Rosa County Commission. The TDO falls under the Santa Rosa County Economic Development Office and the board of county commissioners. The Tourist Development Office is funded through bed taxes, or the lodging tax paid by visitors staying in Santa Rosa County. As it applies exclusively to rental of living quarters or accommodations for a term of six months or less, it has been nicknamed the “bed tax.” Bed taxes can be used only for activities that promote the county.
Tourism is a very important economic driver for Santa Rosa County. According to a 2012 study by the University of West Florida Haas Center, the economic impact of tourism is responsible for over 1,400 jobs with an impact of over $113 million.
Scope of Work:
• Create annual and long-range marketing/action plans to reach targeted markets
• Design and produce print, broadcast, online and all collateral materials
• Develop media plans (both traditional and online)
• Recommend and oversee web site content development to complement marketing initiatives and increase interactivity/functionality
• Provide detailed public relations, publicity and promotional plans to stimulate tourism including cooperative advertising opportunities
• Outline tracking recommendations
• Present detailed estimates and budgets for all proposed projects
• Attend Santa Rosa County TDC meetings every other month to give a full detailed report on account, any travel charges incurred the Advertising Agency will be responsible for (Santa Rosa County will not pay for nor reimburse any travel)
Social media (Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube) is handled in-house. Agencies will coordinate with staff so that public relations and marketing campaigns/pushes can complement each other.
Adjustments may be made to the above list, due to budget and time constraints.
This includes all advertising agency services, website design and management, all marketing campaigns, media advertising, marketing collateral, grants, displays, videos, trade shows, etc.
The anticipated contract amount will be $850,000 with an expectation of $600,000 allocated toward net media spend. Please provide a breakdown of your recommendation of how these monies would be allocated in a budget.
Santa Rosa County Procurement Department
6495 Caroline Street
Milton, Florida 32570
Top Public Relations News:
Branding RFP Issued By City of Kaukauna
Marketing RFP Issued By Ocean, NJ
Green Sports Alliance Issues Event Management RFP
Why Do So Many Businesses Fail to Create a Marketing Strategy?
Q & A With Michael D. London of Bow Wow Labs
UBS Cuts 10,000 Jobs, Stirs Social Media PR Crisis
Reblonde: Profile of Israeli PR Firm
Mercury Public Affairs: Wal-Mart & the Appearance of Evil
Amtrak Delayed Repairs Anger Commuters in NJ and NYC
Derris & Company: The PR Company That Does No PR Or Branding