Who Wants To Do Social Media In Iraq?
UNDP in Iraq is seeking a Social Media Officer for Economic Reform.
The key results have an impact on the partnership with all stakeholders including donor community, key government actors by maintaining updated progress reports, project communication and visibility plan, facilitate better understanding among partners about program progress, and adhere to UNDP and development partner guidelines on communications and visibility.
In 2016, the Iraqi Government has established the Economic Reform Unit under the leadership of the Prime Minister’s office to steer and oversee the implementation of the reform agenda that was launched by the Prime Minister in late 2015. The reform agenda, constituted of many pillars, aims to diversify the Economy, increase revenue collection, combat corruption and improve management of national assets. The ERU is also tasked to oversee and support specific economic reform initiatives that are loan conditionality’s agreed to with the international financial lending institutions such as IMF and WB. Consequently, UNDP has established the Funding Facility for Economic Reform (FFER-Federal) to support the Iraqi federal government in its efforts to undertake economic reforms. FFER-Federal is positioned to be the financing instrument that will be used to channel high-caliber international or national expertise and support into top priority reform initiatives. UNDP is working with the ERU to support the implementation of different reform initiatives through in-depth assessment for targeted areas within defined sectors to be covered by reform programs, followed by the development of action plans with milestones based on findings and recommendations generated through the assessment phase. Finally, the FFER-Federal will support the ERU and respective government institutions to operationalize the developed action plans.
The main objectives of the work of the Social Media Officer is to support the ERU to manage all social media platforms and introduce new popular platforms where it can engage
Scope of Work
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, the incumbent will perform the following tasks:
• Developing and executing monthly social media editorial calendars with various online activities including twitter chats, Google+ and others, in line with the United Nations joint advocacy campaigns and events;
• Developing social media packs for important days such as event, conferences, or success stories.
• Writing press releases and news reports about the work of ERU and the reform achievements. • Developing media contacts
• Monitoring media coverage
• Preparing media evaluation reports
• Attending press conferences and media interviews
• Distributing press releases
• Informing members of the public (as well as the press) about events and initiatives
• Organize media events and promotion al activities
• Generating ideas to gain more media coverage
• Any other duty assigned by the Project Director and Project Technical Officer
• Conducting routine training programs for staff on how to effectively use new social media platforms
Due Date: May 27th 2017
UNDP – Iraq
22/217 Diwan (UN Compound)
Green Zone Karada Maryam District