Social Media RFP Issued By Boston Public Health Commission
The Boston Public Health Commission (BPHC) is the local public health department for the City of Boston. BPHC’s mission is to protect, preserve, and promote the health and wellbeing of all Boston residents, particularly the most vulnerable. Start Strong is an internationally recognized high school peer leadership program that aims to prevent teen dating violence and promote healthy relationships. We use a trauma-informed youth development framework to start conversations on systems of oppression, intersectionality, and prevention/promotion work primarily using a media literacy lens. All of our work is youth created, driven, or inspired -which means that youth are the heart of our program. We offer several curriculums, modules, and single sessions which are developed by trained adult staff and high school Peer Leaders. Strong is most well-known for the annual Break Up Summit, The Halls web series, the Tools & Resources it offers, and its popular Porn Literacy courses. Our work is built using a theory of planned behavior and has been evaluated based on knowledge, attitude, and behavior change. We have the strongest results with our Peer Leaders, as they are fully immersed in our programming and receive the highest dosage. Research shows a statistically significant growth in knowledge, attitude, and behavior shifts among Peer Leaders. The focus of our work covers four main areas.
• We educate and engage youth who are both in and out of school.
• We work with a group of 25 high school age teens who serve as Peer Leaders in their communities.
• Peer Leaders work on media campaigns aimed at preventing dating violence among teenagers in Boston and increasing their healthy relationship skills.
• We work with schools, community groups and youth serving agencies to implement our tools so that they support young people in engaging in healthy relationships
All activities will be remote (via phone, Zoom, or another platform) until at least July 2021, pending other public health guidance.
Scope of Work:
The Start Strong program is seeking a vendor who can create, implement, and systemize a social marketing strategy to promote our healthy relationship tools and resources in the activities below: Activities:
• Create marketing and social media campaigns and strategies, including content ideation and implementation schedules
• Provide guidance and recommendations on social media implementation best practices and strategies
• Support the development of our online digital footprint and identify opportunities to strengthen our reach
• Design and promote innovative media literacy resources for providers and youth
• Manage and promote the development of our podcast
• Integrate a positive youth development approach and trauma-informed framework in the design and creation of our materials
• Work in concert with Start Strong staff, high school Peer Leaders, and the Commission’s communication department
Proposers must possess the following qualifications:
• Experience working in communications or marketing, social media management, graphic and web design strategy and implementation
• Familiarity with participatory creation and development of actionable program-specific tools
• Skilled in incorporating a positive youth development and trauma informed framework lens into all aspects of the work, including creation, implementation, and systemization
• Experience in podcast creation and editing a plus but not a requirement
• Comfort with delivering remote services
Please submit the following documents:
• Resume or C.V of all individuals who would be part your proposed team.
• Please describe how your experience and skills address the scope of work.
Include examples of previous design, planning, and implementation processes that include engaging staff throughout, as well as how you have engaged youth and integrated a positive youth development, trauma-informed, and equitable lens.
• Please provide samples of previous created youth driven social marketing campaigns and examples of written or graphic content.
• Please include any video, audio, web/social media, and print that demonstrate an ability to tell stories, communicate youth messaging, and marketing content
• Project budget
The effective date of providing the required product and services shall be from date of contract execution through June 30, 2021 Location: Remote (via Zoom, phone, e-mail, etc.) or pending changes in public health guidance. VI. Submission Instructions Please submit your Proposal before Monday, February 22, 2021 due by 5:00 PM EST – Submit via email to Procurement@bphc.org Subject line – [Vendor Name] RFP for Start Strong Social Marketing Consultant NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS DEADLINE Monday, February 22, 2021 by 5:00 PM EST
Monday February 22nd 2021 5:00 PM EST
Jess Alder at email email@example.com