The Department of Administration, Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV), is soliciting proposals from qualified firms to provide advertising services for a marketing campaign that helps to educate citizens about all facets of REAL ID, including what REAL ID is, whether citizens need a REAL ID, and how and when to obtain a REAL ID.
The Federal government passed the REAL ID act in 2005 to set minimum security standards for state-issued driver’s licenses and identification cards. In addition, the Act prohibits Federal agencies from accepting identification that does not meet the REAL ID standards. Alaska IDs currently available from the state will continue to allow people access to federal facilities and domestic commercial flights until October 2020. Anyone coming in to obtain a REAL ID, even people with current Alaska IDs, must provide valid identification information. Other states already complying with the REAL ID Act are reporting that customers have a lot of confusion on the identification information required to receive a new REAL ID, resulting in lost time, frustration, and multiple appointments at the local DMV before a REAL ID is issued. The State of Alaska wants to educate Alaskans in the REAL ID process and requirements to avoid confusion and delays. Further information about the REAL ID Act along with a list of the required information can be found online at the Department of Homeland Security Website.
The DMV has 46 offices in the following locations: Anchorage, Anderson, Bethel, Cordova, Craig, Delta Junction, Dillingham, Eagle River, Fairbanks, Glennallen, Haines, Homer, Juneau, Ketchikan, King Salmon, Kodiak, Kotzebue, Matanuska-Susitna, Nome, Palmer, Petersburg, Seward, Sitka, Skagway, Soldotna, Talkeetna, Tok, Unalaska, Utqiagvik, Valdez, Wasilla, Wrangell, Yakutat.
Scope of Work:
The DMV is seeking a qualified firm to develop and implement a multi-media public awareness campaign that will inform and educate Alaskans about what REAL ID is, whether they need a REAL ID, and how, when, and where to obtain a REAL ID. The successful Offeror will develop, in conjunction with the DMV project manager, a multi-media campaign that incorporates a variety of strategies aimed at reaching diverse populations and that includes radio, social media, online, and print mediums.
Services include crafting a communications plan broken down as follows:
- Develop advertisements to target all audiences
- Develop core messages
- Select the most effective media channels for each audience
The successful Offeror will work closely with the DMV project manager in the development of the content of the campaign materials. The DMV’s initial ideas are to bring awareness of what REAL ID is, the benefits of switching the REAL ID, and how to obtain a REAL ID. The emphasis for this campaign will be statewide Alaska. The DMV will retain ownership of all materials developed under this contract with no restrictions imposed on the use of those materials. Master final copies of all advertisements developed will be delivered to the DMV in a format that may be duplicated and/or modified for future use by DMV.
The schedule for the campaign is as follows:
- Target timeframe for start of contract: September 7th, 2018.
- Target timeframe for start of campaign: November 15th, 2018 or as soon as possible.
- Target duration of campaign: 6 months (or longer) ending on June 30, 2019.
Deadline for completion of work is June 30th, 2019.
- Participate in meetings with the DMV project manager and development team at the DMV Central Office as soon as possible following the contract award, and thereafter as deemed necessary by the DMV project manager to discuss the project.
- The successful Offeror will design and develop radio, social media, online, and print media products that compliment and build upon each other with a consistent message. The products will include a variety of formats geared to reach diverse populations and targeted audiences. Radio, online, and social media postings must be in a format that will allow small, rural communities and broadcast stations to easily access and air/view them.
- The successful Offeror will collaborate the DMV project manager in design and creation for all advertisements. The successful Offeror will with the input from DMV’s project manager write scripts for the radio and social media advertisements ensuring that the scripts are the appropriate lengths for the desired running time for each advertisement. The DMV project manager must provide final approval of all advertisement materials.
The successful Offeror will utilize materials provided by DMV, as appropriate, regarding the READ ID policies and procedures. No additional casting, locations, or set designs are anticipated.
The Offeror will develop as part of this contract the following specific deliverables;
- Multi-media campaign branding for REAL ID advertisement. These must have a unifying theme across all media sources and include logo and tag line.
- Print media designs.
- Online web portal resources for the public, specifically a design for a single website for public information.
- Scripts for social media postings.
- Scripts for radio spots specifically aimed at rural Alaskan audiences and the public.
- Develop a placement and purchasing plan for statewide REAL ID exposure with a realistic timeline. The successful Offeror will work closely with the DMV project manager.
- Recommendations for future media planning.
Successful Offerors(s) will provide a single point of contact for the services described in the Scope of Work.
Department of Administration
Division of Shared Services
Attention: Matt Meienberg
Informal Request for Proposal (IRFP) Number: 190000021
Project name: REAL ID Advertising
P.O. Box 110210
Juneau, AK, 99811-0210
Top Public Relations News:
State of New Mexico Seeks Marketing Revitalization Specialist
Top PR Professionals and Their Alter Egos?
Public Relations News from Cannes Lions
Three Tips to Guarantee You Rock Your Next Presentation
The Past Can Come Back to Bite You
Indian Institute of Management Issues PR Agency RFP
Time, Richard Stengel, and Time for Better Russia Messaging
McDonald’s Management Makes a Major Change
How to Increase Your Facebook Page Reach
GetResponse for Android: More Control for Your Email Campaigns