The State of Nevada Tourism office is seeking a PR firm for Public Relations Representation in Latin America.
Scope of Work:
1. The awarded vendor must provide a solid foundation of all work through an annual Latin American market-specific strategic plan.
1.1 The plan should include measureable goals for the overarching program including sales, marketing, promotions and public relations and the tactical programs and activities that accomplish the goals.
1.2 The plan also should include a market brief that provides the economic overview of the country as well as traveler demographics, market growth, competitor analysis and general issues regarding the Latin American travel market.
2. As a regional marketing effort, the tactics outlined in the plan may pertain to specific target groups in particular geographical areas, but may not be applicable for all audiences and all areas. The Division of Tourism will work with the awarded vendor to identify key markets and the outreach plan for each year.
2.1. Some of the activities undertaken by representative firms in other international markets have included:
2.2 Coordinate and host in-market visits, including an annual mission to the region by a State of Nevada tourism delegation (up to ten (10) persons) and potentially one additional visit by the key Division of Tourism staff contacts and state government elected officials (up to four (4) persons) per year.
2.3 The activities for each visit will be mutually agreed upon, but may include:
- The awarded vendor may be required to schedule travel trade appointments and media interviews/visits.
- The awarded vendor may be required to schedule meetings with the
U.S. Commercial Services and Consulates.
- The awarded vendor may be required to develop special events that help showcase the Nevada tourism product.
- The awarded vendor may be required to organize and schedule at least one (1) media familiarization trip (FAM) which is a trip to Nevada by mutually agreed upon travel professionals (travel agencies, tour operators, airline partners). This may be a group trip or individual media visits.
- The awarded vendor may be required to secure media relations opportunities for the Division of Tourism staff to meet with local business and travel media.
- The awarded vendor may be required to schedule staff trainings for key travel agencies and tour operators.
2.4 Conduct sales outreach, including but not limited to:
- The awarded vendor will be required to establish a database of all organizations and key individuals that includes name, company address, email address, phone numbers and a record of all outreach. The awarded contractor will also be required to provide a record of the outreach on a quarterly basis.
- The awarded contractor will be required to contact on a regular basis, travel agencies, tour operators and airlines that sell the State of Nevada or have the potential to develop new product. They will be required to provide training sessions either in person or via the Internet that showcase Nevada’s appeal to the Latin American market. They also will be required to maintain regular contact with agents, operators and partners already featuring the Nevada product.
- The awarded vendor will be required to organize and host tour operator familiarization (FAM) trips to Nevada, one (1) in conjunction with the Nevada Governor’s Global Tourism Summit in the fall and one (1) during a key time period the remainder of the year. They also will be required to ensure all participants of the FAM trips are high-caliber travel professionals and are those who have the potential to sell the Nevada product beyond Las Vegas.
- The awarded vendor will be required to represent Nevada at mutually agreed-upon trade shows in key Latin American markets and other events, especially those hosted by the U.S. Commercial Services or Brand USA on behalf of the State of Nevada. They also will be required to develop the booth and other materials required for a brand compliant trade show presence.
- The awarded vendor will be required to work with receptive operators in Los Angeles, San Francisco and other western gateway cities to raise awareness of Nevada and its potential for Latin American travelers.
2.5 Conduct traditional and social media relations outreach. Ensuring that Nevada is covered by the Latin American travel and lifestyle media is a critical component of the marketing program. The media relations program will include:
- The awarded vendor will be required to develop a media list of travel trade, consumer travel and lifestyle media outlets and journalists including media outlet, journalist’s name, journalist’s title, address, email address, phone number, and a log of the media coverage provided by the outlet. Top tier media will be identified for each key segment.
- The awarded vendor will be required to develop press kits (printed and electronic, as needed).
- The awarded vendor will be required to provide ongoing outreach through press releases and other forms of communication that will keep Nevada at the top of journalists’ minds. They also will be required to track outreach for inclusion in the quarterly media report.
- The awarded vendor will be required to coordinate and host Nevada press trips that bring high priority journalists to Nevada. They also will be required to work with airlines to negotiate complimentary or highly reduced airfares for the writers.
- The awarded vendor will be required to engage consumers and travel trade through the social media channels most appropriate to the audiences. They also will be required to actively post information, offers and ideas regarding travel to Nevada.
2.6 The awarded vendor will be required to develop Nevada-specific collateral and provide travel trade and media fulfillment. Consumer fulfillment will be done only as part of a mutually agreed upon appearance at a consumer travel show. During the duration of this contract, needed collateral materials include:
- Travel trade brochure(s);
- General travel trade press kit – specific press releases and social media posts will be deveoped throughout the year; and
- General travel agent/tour operator training sessions and associated hand-outs.
August 15, 2017 to:
Annette Morfin, Purchasing Officer
State of Nevada, Purchasing Division
515 E. Musser Street, Suite 300
Carson City, NV 89701
Strong tourism PR firms include Coyne PR and 5WPR.
Top Public Relations News:
Association for Commuter Transportation Issues Lobbying RFP
WORLD BOWLING ISSUES MARKETING RFP
PR & Marketing Needed For Greater Atlantic City Chamber
Sequim, Washington Seeks Public Relations Agency
What These PR Misses Can Teach Us
Advertising RFP Issued By United Kingdom-Birmingham
Social Media Suite for Restaurants
Edelman Names Glenn Engler Global Chief of Staff & Director of Corporate Strategy
Three Marketing Takeaways from a Top Influencer Agency
Virginia uses sports to promote healing