State of North Dakota Seeks Media Campaign
Proposals are being accepted from vendors to develop a media campaign to increase awareness about prediabetes, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)-recognized lifestyle change program, and promotion of Diabetes Self-Management Education for people with diabetes. The media campaign would include social media, such as Facebook and Twitter, and other communication networks, as deemed appropriate. In addition, public service announcements (PSAs) and videos would be used on social media to encourage people at risk for prediabetes to take the “risk test” or encourage individuals who have diabetes to see their doctor for further evaluation.
The media campaign should persuade those with prediabetes or diabetes to participate in one of these programs:
- A Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP) for those with prediabetes – especially targeting those age 45+
- An accredited or recognized Diabetes Self-Management Education (DSME) program for those with diabetes, targeting those 18+
The media campaign should drive traffic to the www.diabetesnd.org website to promote all North Dakota DPPs and DSME Programs and increase awareness about prediabetes and diabetes. These resources are located at:
(Note: The new Ad Council materials can only be used for in-kind advertising).
Scope of Work:
- Develop a media plan to increase awareness about prediabetes and diabetes.
Develop a video to promote the use of DSME programs specific to North Dakota.
- Edit existing prediabetes videos as needed (remove the reference to the number of current DPP sites as this number continues to change).
- Promote the www.diabetesnd.org website as well as all North Dakota DPPs and DSME programs offered to increase awareness about prediabetes and CDC-recognized lifestyle change programs.
- Promote the National Diabetes Prevention Program.
NORTH DAKOTA DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
600 EAST BOULEVARD AVE, DEPT. 301
BISMARCK, ND 58505-0200
Strong healthcare agencies include Cohn & Wolfe and Porter Novelli.