The Creative District is currently seeking proposals for a winter digital marketing campaign to better promote and market local creatives and creative businesses. The overarching goal of the campaign should be to encourage locals and visitors to shop creatively and locally by utilizing the Creative District’s directory of local businesses and building upon the Creative District’s 2017 campaign called “Give Creatively” (http://www.cbcreativedistrict.org/give-creatively/). Additional components of the Creative District could be to feature unique artists and craftsmen in the Creative District (such as a series on “Creatives of Crested Butte”, promote creative events, promote paid opportunities for creatives, and overall build recognition and community awareness of the Creative District.
The Town of Crested Butte was officially a Colorado Creative District by the State of Colorado in July 2016. The Crested Butte Creative District nurtures a vibrant creative culture in downtown Crested Butte through support for local creatives, increased collaboration between creative organizations, and enhanced visibility of creative endeavors throughout the Creative District. The Creative District preserves the fun, funky character and cohesive community identity that has set Crested Butte apart from other mountain resort towns.
The mission of the Crested Butte Creative District is to support a dynamic cultural economy where local creatives live, create, and thrive. One primary goal of the Crested Butte Creative District is to promote and market local creatives and creative businesses. The Creative District hosts an online directory of registered businesses at www.cbcreativedistrict.org/our-creatives and also has brochures around town with a map of registered creative businesses and local creative events, public art, and general creative district-related information. Additionally, the Creative District is part of the Colorado Creative Corridor (www.colorado.com/fieldguide/colorado-creative-corridor), which markets 5 western slope Creative Districts, including Crested Butte.
Scope of Work:
- The winter marketing campaign will run from October 15, 2018 to December 31, 2018 with the possibility of extending until March 31st, 2019.
- The digital marketing campaign must include:
- Development and administration of the “Give Creatively” campaign
- 4 weekly posts on the Crested Butte Creative District Facebook Page
- 1 weekly post on the Colorado Creative Corridor Facebook Page
- 1 monthly Mailchimp e-newsletter
- 1 monthly news post for the Creative District website
- Additional social media use (Instagram, Twitter, etc.) is optional
- Selected individual will check in monthly with Town staff to develop content and coordinate photos or other needs for the e-newsletter and monthly posts. Selected individual will be responsible for creating text for posts and e-newsletters.
- Selected individual must provide a monthly report on the quantitative and qualitative reach of the campaign, as well as a final report at the end of the campaign.
Open Space/Creative District Coordinator
Town of Crested Butte
PO Box 39 (mail)
507 Maroon Avenue (in-person)
Crested Butte, CO 81224
Top Public Relations News:
Hill+Knowlton Strategies Announces New Senior VP of Media Relations
TEXAS LAND OFFICE ISSUES MARKETING & ADVERTISING RFP
More from Portland Communications, Child’s Play Communications, MDC, Ketchum, and PR happenings in Australia
Top 100 PR Websites and Resources
Ontario & Finger Lakes Community College Seeks PR & Marketing Agency
Looking Forward: PR Trends
Dona Ana County, New Mexico Issues Public Relations RFP
The 10 Steps of Crisis Communication
Auto PR: GM, Toyota, World, Recalling All Autos
MICHIGAN STRATEGIC FUND ISSUES ADVERTISING RFP