Travel Oregon Seeks PR Agency
Travel Oregon is soliciting proposals from qualified Public Relations firms for the development and implementation of a Travel Oregon public relations program. Travel Oregon’s current communications focus includes: messaging to both consumer and industry audiences, media relations, digital communications channels and industry website content. The Oregon Tourism Commission, dba Travel Oregon, works to enhance visitors’ experience by providing information, resources and trip planning tools that inspire travel and consistently convey the exceptional quality of Oregon. The commission aims to improve Oregonians’ quality of life by strengthening economic impacts of the state’s $11.3 billion tourism industry that employs more than 109,000 Oregonians.
Scope of Work
Public Relations Services to Support Travel Oregon
The scope of work for this contract will include:
- Creation, implementation and management of a 12-month national media relations outreach strategy and hosting program that supports Travel Oregon’s campaigns and initiatives.
- Developing a strategy for generating positive exposure for Oregon through consumer and industry mediums with direct tiebacks to ROI and qualitative measurement results.
- Robust and creative PR plans to support seasonal consumer advertising campaign initiatives.
- Creation of recommended media target lists for print, online and broadcast that aligns with Oregon’s brand, quality and strategic objectives. Included in this list should be the rationale and timing.
- Tracking of media coverage, which will be reported to Travel Oregon on a weekly basis including, when appropriate, visuals and broadcast clips.
- Preparing quarterly, campaign and annual reports.
- Coordination of, and possible participation in, key market media tours and in-market desk-side briefing appointments at least twice a year.
- Participation in an annual multi-week familiarization tour of the state to experience new and not-to-be-missed attractions and to gather interesting stories, ideas and trends. Tours will include an industry education/training element focused on improving local PR efforts and are from one to three days in each of the seven identified tourism regions. Regional familiarization tours may or may not be scheduled consecutively.
- Assistance in creating corporate communications and policy-maker engagement plans.
August 18th 2017 to:
ATTN: Director of Global Communications
Travel Oregon 319 SW Washington St., Suite 700
Portland, OR 97204
Finn Partners and Edelman PR have offices in Portland.