TV ADVERTISING RFP Issued
In accordance with the informal competition procedures provided for in 11 Iowa Administrative Code rule 118.9, the Department of Human Services, Woodward Resource Center, Woodward, Iowa (the Agency) is seeking a contractor or contractors (Service Provider) to create and run television advertising campaigns within a 70-mile radius of Agency. The Agency reserves the rights to award to multiple Contractors . The Agency anticipates that the term of any resulting contract will be two (2) months beginning on March 1, 2022. Bidders interested in providing these services should submit proposals to the Glenwood Resource Center, 711 South Vine Street, Glenwood, Iowa 51534 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 2:00 p.m. (local time), March 17, 2022. Any proposal received after this deadline will be rejected.
Proposals should be submitted in this format:
1. One original hard copy – emailed to email@example.com
2. One (1) USB flash drive with the bidder’s description of how the bidder would provide services if selected as the successful Contractor. (optional)
3. One (1) USB flash drive with the bidder’s cost proposal. (optional)
Scope of Work
The successful Bidder will create and run television advertising campaigns within a 70-mile radius of Agency. Such services shall include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Respondents will work closely with the Agency staff to create and run television advertising campaigns within a 70-mile radius of facility, Glenwood Resource Center, Glenwood, Iowa.
2. Respondents will develop recommendations for television communication strategies to enhance the Agency’s recruitment of qualified candidates.
3. Respondents will assist with development and production of a television advertising campaign designed to reach target markets effectively.
4. Respondents will deliver key messages to potential employees to help meet hiring goals in a highly competitive job market.
5. The broadcast campaign will be run in the following format: M-F: 6A-7A (4 times)
- M-F: 12P-12:30P (4 times) M-F: 7P-9P (6 times)
- M-SA: 7P-12A (6 times)
- Sun: 5P-5:30P (2 times)
6. The broadcast campaign duration will be 30 seconds, for a total number of times to be approximately 22 times per month as described above.
7. All marketing communications must speak effectively, to targeted audiences, which may include the following:
- Direct Support Professional
- Direct Support Supervisor
- Registered Nurse
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst
- Social Worker
8. Produce television ad to promote benefits of State of Iowa employment. Respondents will be responsible for creative concepts and messaging to establish a positive ad campaign.
9. Respondents must have extensive knowledge or experience with television advertising.
10. Respondent must have video production talent at its disposal.
11. Respondent must be able to meet with the marketing staff at the Agency to ensure creative concepts, strategic placement, brand continuity and consistency standards are met.
12. Ownership of video and marketing files, templates and other materials will reside with the Agency.
13. Complete video and marketing files are to be delivered to the Agency within five business days after conclusion of the project.
14. The advertising will run for the months of March and April 2022.
15. Respondent will provide a total cost for all production and broadcasting services
c/o Bureau of Service Contract Support
Department of Human Services
Hoover State Office Building, 1st Floor
1305 E. Walnut Street
Des Moines, Iowa 50319-0114
Agencies to consider for this assignment include Prosek Partners and Hunter PR.