WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS NO. CC0177 MARKET RESEARCH AND PUBLIC RELATIONS SERVICES FOR THE CARSON COLLEGE OF BUSINESS
DUE MAY 23, 2023, BY 5:00PM PACIFIC DAYLIGHT TIME
WSU CARSON COLLEGE OF BUSINESS OVERVIEW
The Washington State University Carson College of Business works to provide students with the skills and knowledge they need to forge their path in life. Whether our business graduates stay close to home or explore the world, own their own company, join (and perhaps someday lead) a Fortune 500 company, or establish a local nonprofit, Carson Cougs are dedicated to serving communities of all scale. Our programs are designed to offer relevant experiences that build the skills needed to make an impact in the real world and throughout our communities. We are part of WSU multi-campus system offering degrees at three urban campuses located in Richland, Everett, and Vancouver, Washington, the flagship campus in Pullman, and online through the global campus. We have a top nationally ranked online MBA and EMBA program, a productive PhD program, and one of the few Schools of Hospitality programs located within a business college.
A. Strategic Goals of the Carson College
1. Undergraduate programs: Our face-to-face undergraduate programs are the first choice for students seeking a business education from a Pacific Northwest university.
2. Research production: We are recognized by our aspirational peers as a regular contributor of rigorous and influential research to academic disciplines. Our top doctoral students earn placements at peer universities and go on to successful research careers.
3. Research insights: We are recognized by the business and policy communities of the Pacific Northwest as the leading source of research-based insights and critical thinking about business.
4. Business education across the University: We work in partnership with other WSU colleges to provide premier business education to all WSU students who seek and would benefit from such education as a complement to their primary focus.
5. Online programs: Our online business programs are the first choice for working students seeking an affordable, quality online business education from a Pacific Northwest university.
B. Brand Personality of the Carson Coug
1. Adaptable: Able to adjust oneself readily to different conditions; flexible
2. Dedicated: Devoted to a cause, ideal, or purpose; zealous
3. Enthusiastic: having or showing intense and eager enjoyment, interest, or approval
4. Grounded: Admirably sensible, realistic, and unpretentious, dependable
5. Pioneering: One who is first among the earliest in any field of inquiry, enterprise, or progress
OBJECTIVE OF THE RFQ
The Carson College seeks to engage a public relations firm to support our strategic goals, by increasing awareness and drive positive perception of our online MBA program, promoting our research expertise and insights, and continue to position our undergraduate programs as the first choice for students seeking a business education in the Pacific Northwest.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
A. The contractor will provide public relations services to support the college’s strategic goals and amplify our message of what it means to be a Carson Coug. Developed in collaboration with the WSU Carson College of Business Marketing and Communications staff, the public relations campaign will incorporate:
1. Leadership Messaging
Through engagement with Carson College leadership and alumni, develop messaging illustrating the college’s position on business education, develop adaptable stump speeches suitable for multiple forums, and provide media training to college leadership and researchers. Elevate the college as thought leaders in then Pacific Northwest.
2. Media Campaign
Develop communications strategies and provide copywriting support to advance the Carson College’s brand, strategic goals, and position the college as a recognized and leading source of research-based insights and critical thinking about business, resulting in positive media coverage in Pacific Northwest outlets as well as national business and academic press. The campaign will produce proactive efforts, reactive efforts, op-ed content and social media. Media targets will include, but not be limited to: national press, national business press, Pacific Northwest media, higher education trade media
3. Research Development
To further position the Carson College as a thought leader in the Pacific Northwest by working with the college to strategically develop new pieces of intellectual property for placement in traditional and emerging media, provide survey development and fielding services, compile key findings, and coordinate release of information.
4. Metrics and Monitoring
Identify key metrics and measurements closely aligned with the communication goals set by the college’s Director of Strategic Marketing & Communications. Collect metric data and report regularly to the College of Business’ contract manager.