WEBSITE PROJECT FOR THE MESQUITE CONVENTION AND VISITORS BUREAU
CLOSING DATE AND TIME: JANUARY 17, 2023 – 2:00 P.M.
Scope of Work
Web Design and Development
The City of Mesquite Convention and Visitors Bureau office seeks a vendor to create a new more mobile focused website that stresses storytelling to bring in out of state visitors. The new website proposal should have a focus that teamed with CVB marketing efforts can be measured with the goal of conversion tracking which the current website does not support. The proposal should show the vendor has researched the current VisitMesquiteTX.com site and has a good understanding of the current site.
The selected vendor will have provided a proposal that demonstrates they have researched the current VisitMesquiteTX.comsite, have documented the areas it currently is performing poorly in and show a strategy with the new website to address each of the following issues and any others that are found.
• 80% of site traffic currently is mobile, but the speed time for the mobile site is poor.
• The current VisitMesquiteTX.com site has 4,100 pages. The selected vendor will access underperforming blog content to parse down what content would be most valuable to a user.
• A site to focus on non-branded keywords.
• The current site has technical issues that include duplicate content, broken pages, etc.
• The current website fails accessibility issues that need to be addressed.
1. Uses responsive design to deliver device-appropriate content, incorporating a “mobile-first” philosophy (the website will automatically resize for all screen sizes: computer, mobile phone, tablet, etc.).
2. Is easily updated and maintained by relatively non-experienced operators.
3. Vendor will provide updating and maintenance orientation and training in person and via documentation.
Negotiations may be conducted with responsible proposers who submit proposals determined to be susceptible of being selected for award. All proposers will be accorded fair and equal treatment with respect to any opportunity for negotiation and revision of proposals. Revisions to proposals may be permitted after submission and before award for the purpose of obtaining best and final offers.