The City of West Bend is home to approximately 32,000 residents and is located in Washington County, Wisconsin. The City is soliciting Request for Proposals (RFP’s) from experienced website design firms to redesign our website. We are seeking a website redesign that promotes a welcoming and professional image and displays an easy navigation system. Our website must be appealing to a broad range of audiences including citizens, prospective residents, and civic groups. We would also like our website to appeal to existing businesses looking to expand and for prospective businesses and developers looking for information on our community and available property. The redesigned website should be secure and provide a solid framework that permits future expansion.
The City of West Bend has a website (www.ci.west-bend.wi.us) that was redesigned 5 years ago which consists of approximately 100 pages that may include static pictures, tables, hyperlinks, and text. The current website runs on the developer’s proprietary CMS system. It is currently hosted externally and is maintained by various departments.
Current Usage and Web Statistics
Hits per month = 12,000
Top 10 web pages:
- Parks, Recreation & Forestry Homepage
- Detailed Property Assessment Data (Assessor)
- Organics Drop Off (Public Works)
- Public Works Homepage
- Recreation Homepage
- Employment Opportunities
- Taxi Homepage
- Public Works Homepage
- Police Homepage
Third party sites that are linked:
- West Bend Public Library – www.west-bendlibrary.org
- West Bend Roots and Branches – www.rootsandbranches.org
- Lac Lawrann Conservancy – www.laclawrann.org
- West Bend Video Tourbook – www.elocallink.tv
- West Bend Community TV – westbend.viebit.com
Scope of Work:
The City of West Bend seeks a company to build a website that accomplishes the following:
- Provides citizens and visitors with information about the City of West Bend and the services it provides.
- Has a consistent look and feel on all pages in regards to fonts, graphics and color schemes.
- Easy to navigate and find information. We currently use To Live, To Work, To Play, Government and Departments as our header categories but we are open to new ideas.
- Rotating pictures on the homepage
- Ability to change logo and font to match the branding
- AODA Compliance
- Ability to play MPEG-4 videos through embedded player where videos are hosted externally
- Content Management System for document storage and retrieval (Include how long page archival lasts)
- Website search box for keywords and phrases
- Contact Us form for comments and questions
- Integration with multiple social media sites (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn)
- The ability for City personnel to upload pictures, modify and create new pages
- Latest News Stream
- Fillable online forms
- Print-friendly pages
- Staff directory / Contact Us directory
- Citizen requests with tracking – (i.e. report a pothole, street light out, public nuisance)
- Intranet/Extranet – Employee login access for internal information
- Online job postings with job applications and ability to submit attachments directly from the website
- E-notifications – Electronic subscription and notifications for email and SMS
- Responsive web design – mobile device accessibility
- Compatibility with all web browsers
- HTTPS certificate
- Citizen sourcing tools – Idea submission, discussion, voting, surveys.
- Robust economic development tools – business development & available properties
- CMS site training for content editors
- Citizen request management tools
- Dedicated mobile app
City of West Bend
Attn: City Clerk
1115 S. Main Street
West Bend, WI 53090
APCO Worldwide and Ketchum PR have relevant experience.