The Better than Cash Alliance has issued an RFP For a firm able to provide communications services, content creation, media relations and event coordination. The Better Than Cash Alliance (www.betterthancash.org) is a global partnership of over 50 members – governments, companies and international organizations- that accelerates the transition from cash to digital payments to help people lift themselves out of poverty and drive inclusive growth. Based at the United Nations, the Alliance works closely with other global organizations, and is an implementing partner for the G20 Global Partnership for Financial Inclusion.
The Alliance was established in 2012 in New York, USA, and is funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Citi Foundation, MasterCard, Omidyar Network, United States Agency for International Development and Visa Inc. The Better Than Cash Alliance is looking for a successful, well-established international communications or public relations company that can effectively support our mission to build a global movement that moves away from cash to digital payments.
The company will play a key role in helping reach our strategic communications goals, which support our global and in-country work objectives, involving advocacy, research and technical assistance to our members. Our in-country work involves catalyzing the development of inclusive digital payments ecosystems in member countries to reduce costs, increase transparency, advance financial inclusion particularly for women– and drive inclusive growth.
The company will perform its duties under the supervision of the Head of Communications, working collaboratively with our global and local teams, members and partners. The Alliance’s expenditure on communications, over the last four years, has been an average of $450,000 annually.
Scope of Services
- The selected company will be required to have the affiliates, by the time the Contract is prepared to deliver effective communications services, including media relations, in key countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America – for example, Ethiopia, Ghana, Senegal, India, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Indonesia, Mexico, Peru, Colombia and Brazil.
- Strategic advice on a wide range of communications matters, including tactics to effectively engage with the private sector, governments and international organizations, and recommendations on how to take our digital communications work to the next level, globally and in key countries. The company is expected to provide creative, cutting-edge solutions to overcome challenges;
- Content creation: Outstanding drafting, editing, copy-editing of materials that highlight the benefits of digital payments. Materials include technical reports, brochures, media releases, op eds, blogs, presentations, newsletters and social media content;
- Media relations at global level and in Africa, Asia and Latin America, including in the countries above mentioned;
- Event coordination, ranging from large high-level advocacy events at global level, involving Heads of State and private sector CEOs, to webinars or in-country events;
- 24 hour availability to respond to unexpected requests at global level.
Proposal due by 19 January 2017 @ 6.00 PM EST