The Candidate is invited to submit a project proposal for use by the Somers Point Economic Advisory Commission (EDAC). The EDAC is seeking proposals for a Public Relations firm to supply Public Relations Services to achieve the following goals:
• Increase visitation and raise awareness about events and initiatives in the City of Somers Point.
• Stimulate interest in Somers Point business and home ownership (both primary and secondary.)
• Deliver key messages to the public through a public relations campaign.
The City of Somers Point, originally known as Somerset Plantation, is the oldest settlement in Atlantic County, dating back to 1693. This four square mile attractive town is located in the eastern portion of Atlantic County in what was once known as Great Egg Harbor. Somers Point was first incorporated as a borough in 1886. At that time the voting population was 48.
Scope of Work:
Provide a compensation proposal for Public Relations Services for 12 months, which will include the following scope of services:
1. Pursuing regional and national opportunities to publicize Somers Point;
2. Press release distribution, pitching and story placement;
3. Presenting and publicizing Somers Point as a beautiful, clean and safe destination;
4. Monitoring media to participate in upcoming events and features in a manner that will benefit Somers Point;
5. Garnering positive media coverage for Somers Point events;
6. Publicizing the successes of Somers Point;
7. Submitting to the City Administrator and the Chairman of EDAC for approval copy/drafts/proofs of all public relations and social media communications;
8. Submitting to the City Administrator and the Chairman of EDAC reports on at least a quarterly basis that details the actions taken by the Public Relations services provider during that quarter.
March 8th, 2019.
Wes Swain, City Administrator
City of Somers Point
1 W. New Jersey Avenue
Somers Point, NJ 08244
Top Public Relations News:
Global Strategy Group’s Founder Jon Silvan
Duluth Downtown Development Authority Issues Branding & Marketing RFP
Visit Maldives Issues Italian Marketing RFP
KING5 Integrates Twitter Into Broadcasts for Traffic Advice
PR around the world: PR Pros & Firms Done Bad From Kwittken PR & ICR PR
Seeking African-American PR Firms
CVS introduces generic competitor to EpiPen
Sullivan Higdon & Sink Communications Hired as PR Agency of Record
ROANOKE, VIRGINIA ISSUES MARKETING RFP
Greek PR Firms To Know: Top Public Relations Companies in Greece