The Candidate is invited to submit a project proposal for use by the Somers Point Economic Advisory Commission (EDAC). The EDAC is seeking proposals for a Public Relations firm to supply Public Relations Services to achieve the following goals:
• Increase visitation and raise awareness about events and initiatives in the City of Somers Point.
• Stimulate interest in Somers Point business and home ownership (both primary and secondary.)
• Deliver key messages to the public through a public relations campaign.
The City of Somers Point, originally known as Somerset Plantation, is the oldest settlement in Atlantic County, dating back to 1693. This four square mile attractive town is located in the eastern portion of Atlantic County in what was once known as Great Egg Harbor. Somers Point was first incorporated as a borough in 1886. At that time the voting population was 48.
Scope of Work:
Provide a compensation proposal for Public Relations Services for 12 months, which will include the following scope of services:
1. Pursuing regional and national opportunities to publicize Somers Point;
2. Press release distribution, pitching and story placement;
3. Presenting and publicizing Somers Point as a beautiful, clean and safe destination;
4. Monitoring media to participate in upcoming events and features in a manner that will benefit Somers Point;
5. Garnering positive media coverage for Somers Point events;
6. Publicizing the successes of Somers Point;
7. Submitting to the City Administrator and the Chairman of EDAC for approval copy/drafts/proofs of all public relations and social media communications;
8. Submitting to the City Administrator and the Chairman of EDAC reports on at least a quarterly basis that details the actions taken by the Public Relations services provider during that quarter.
March 8th, 2019.
Wes Swain, City Administrator
City of Somers Point
1 W. New Jersey Avenue
Somers Point, NJ 08244
Top Public Relations News:
Ogilvy & Mather Worldwide Appointed Global Communications Partner of UPS
BRANDING RFP ISSUED BY CITY OF SAINT CHARLES, MISSOURI
What’s New at Edelman, Mercury, Burson-Marsteller & Feintuch Communications
San Francisco Water District In Seek of Digital Marketing Agency
Public Relations in Marketing
Wise Public Relations: A Different Publicity Shop
The Demise of SXSW has Been Greatly Exaggerated
Marshall University Issues Media Buying and Digital Marketing RFP
News from Sard Verbinnen, Ogilvy PR, 5WPR, Finn Partners & APCO Worldwide
National Society of Black Engineers Issues Marketing RFP