The Candidate is invited to submit a project proposal for use by the Somers Point Economic Advisory Commission (EDAC). The EDAC is seeking proposals for a Public Relations firm to supply Public Relations Services to achieve the following goals:
• Increase visitation and raise awareness about events and initiatives in the City of Somers Point.
• Stimulate interest in Somers Point business and home ownership (both primary and secondary.)
• Deliver key messages to the public through a public relations campaign.
The City of Somers Point, originally known as Somerset
Plantation, is the oldest settlement in Atlantic County, dating back to 1693.
This four square mile attractive town is located in the eastern portion of
Atlantic County in what was once known as Great Egg Harbor. Somers Point was
first incorporated as a borough in 1886. At that time the voting population was
Scope of Work:
Provide a compensation proposal for Public Relations
Services for 12 months, which will include the following scope of services:
1. Pursuing regional and national opportunities to publicize Somers Point;
2. Press release distribution, pitching and story placement;
3. Presenting and publicizing Somers Point as a beautiful, clean and safe
4. Monitoring media to participate in upcoming events and features in a manner that will benefit Somers Point;
5. Garnering positive media coverage for Somers Point events;
6. Publicizing the successes of Somers Point;
7. Submitting to the City Administrator and the Chairman of EDAC for approval
copy/drafts/proofs of all public relations and social media communications;
8. Submitting to the City Administrator and the Chairman of EDAC reports on at least a quarterly basis that details the actions taken by the Public Relations services provider during that quarter.