The Airport wishes to promote and advertise primarily to adults and families with discretionary travel dollars (the leisure market), in particular, tourism traffic traveling into our region to include business and the large local military population. The primary goals of the Airport are to increase both in-bound and out-bound passenger traffic at the Airport as well as non-aeronautical revenue which will enhance the continual economic benefit of the community, all tourism stakeholders, and to strengthen the quality of the overall travel experience at the Airports. Destin Executive Airport is a general aviation airport on the south end of the County with a 5,000 foot runway, full service amenities and a newly constructed air traffic control tower and is in close proximity to the “south’s most beautiful beaches.” Crestview’s Bob Sikes Airport has an 8,000 foot runway and is a haven for defense and industrial aerospace development and vast acreage for future development. The selected firm would primarily promote VPS, but would also promote the general aviation airports, as needed.
The following Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) will be included as clear measures of success:
- Increased non-aeronautical revenue from rental cars, parking, and concessions/merchandise
- Performance of tourism overall in the region (Tourism Development Department stats)
- % increase/decrease in website traffic
- Growth & engagement in social platforms
- Growth & engagement in newsletter subscriber base
- Quality/ranking of reviews (Facebook, Google, etc.)
- Community Involvement
The Okaloosa County Airports system (the “Airport”) is comprised of three (3) airports, the Destin-Fort Walton Beach Airport (VPS), Destin Executive Airport (DTS) and Bob Sikes Airport (CEW) in Crestview, FL. Destin – Fort Walton Beach Airport is a joint-use airport located on Eglin Air Force Base and is a small hub commercial service airport. Currently, four commercial airlines operate from the Airport, with a total passenger count of 1,175,000 passengers in 2017. This traffic consists mainly of originating and departing passengers utilizing fifty-four daily flights offered by Allegiant, American, Delta, and United. Since 2016, VPS is one of the fastest growing airports in the country with a total passenger increase of 44% in the past 2 years. The passenger terminal consists of a two-level main terminal building containing various passenger and baggage process facilities, including ticketing and baggage check-in, baggage claim, baggage make-up, and concessions. Ticketing, baggage check-in, baggage claim, and certain concessions such as the rental cars are on the first floor. Food, beverage, news, and gifts concessions are located on the first and second floors.
Scope of Work:
The County desires the services of a Media Buyer Marketing/Advertising firm, preferably with airport/destination/travel experience in buying media, developing strategic advertising plans, designing creative advertising concepts and materials to implement those plans and producing or coordinating the production of the advertising, including identifying and championing promotional and marketing opportunities. The County is seeking an agency with the ability to provide a broad range of marketing services including, but not limited to, the following services:
- Account Services
- Accounting, billing, invoice reconciliation
- Branding and brand management
- Collateral development
- Cooperative advertising programs
- Creative and production services for traditional, digital, and emerging mediums
- Crisis communications planning & execution
- Digital marketing & ad serving
- Event planning, coordination and implementation
- Industry relations
- Interactive media
- Media planning, evaluation, negotiation, and purchasing
- Media point-of-view review/analysis/recommendation
- Print and broadcast ad trafficking
- Promotional item acquisition
- Public Relations services
- Research and strategic planning
- ROI & KPI measurement, tracking and reporting
- Search Engine Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization
- Social Media coordination and ad campaigns, as well as tracking
- Special event planning (i.e. air service announcements)
- Subcontracting for goods and services as necessary to execute marketing programs
- Website content curation & design
- Website tracking/reporting
- Community Involvement and sponsorships (including ROI analysis)
- Other related services as needed
Annual scope of work includes the following:
- Develop, maintain, monitor and grow a solid research system that offers continual data that may influence the marketing strategies such as:
- Market viability analysis
- Media and creative-related consumer research
- Advertising effectiveness
- Consumer trends and insights
- Behavioral analysis
- Social listening
- Brand identity and impact
CREATIVE PLANNING & EXECUTION
- Create unified creative assets that clearly communicate the brand message and Airport’s attributes to meet the goals and objectives.
- Provide creative and other support as needed for other Airport programs and projects.
STRATEGIC PLANNING AND EXECUTION
- Develop and coordinate with Airport staff an annual marketing strategy/plan that coincides with the Airport’s goals and objectives.
- Create strong media strategies and advertising programs that reach our target demographics both locally and in originating destinations.
PUBLIC RELATIONS AND PUBLICITY
- Develop, execute, and track public relations program in coordination with Airport staff.
- Monitor media trends and identify appropriate opportunities to pursue.
- Generate story ideas and assist with pitching approved idea.
- Develop media events and publicity as needed.
- Develop and implement an on-going communication program for targeted media and local tourism industry.
- Assist with the development of an updated, online pressroom.
- Work with Airport team to develop a comprehensive annual content plan.
- Assist the creation of crisis-specific messaging and assist implementing our crisis-specific media plan.
- Daily/weekly communication with Airport team.
- Presentation to Board of County Commissioners, Okaloosa County Aviation Board, Tourism Development Council or local Chambers of Commerce, as requested.
- Accurate, on-time monthly billing for media and agency services, including proof of performance.
- Monthly digital analytics and media/campaign ROI.
- Extensive organizational skills and exemplary communication skills.
Okaloosa County Purchasing Department
Request for Qualifications for Media Buying, Marketing & Advertising for Okaloosa County Airports
5479A Old Bethel Road
Crestview, FL 32536
Top Public Relations News:
Omaha-Council Bluffs Metropolitan Area Planning Agency Issues Public Relations RFP for Clean Air Partnership Campaign
Feldman claims Hollywood pedophilia prevalent
Rhode Island Seeks Marketing Agency
Glover Park Group Hired By Egyptian Government
MC Hammer & Jay-Z: East Coast vs. West Coast Reboot
Twitter Joins in InfoWars Ban
United Kingdom Issues Advertising RFP
When Breast Cancer Pink is a Scam
Brilliant PR Move for 1-800-FLOWERS.COM – Lessons from “Undercover Boss”