UND is seeking a qualified Offeror to provide public relations/marketing support and strategies.
North Dakota (ND) has been a consistent leader in the UAS industry over the last decade. With a system of commercial and military growth opportunities, the nation’s first public-private UAS business park, the nation’s first undergraduate program in UAS studies as well as the first FAA-designated UAS Test Site – North Dakota has led the nation in UAS commercial development. Over a decade, the North Dakota UAS industry has grown from several dozen employees to over 1,000.
To ensure that North Dakota remains the top state in the UAS industry, the North Dakota legislature appropriated a $33 million investment over the next two years. $28 million of the $33 will be dedicated to establishing the nation’s first statewide Beyond Visual Line of Sight (BVLOS) UAS network, the remaining $5 million will be allocated toward infrastructure growth at the Grand Sky UAS park as well as funding for the Northern Plains UAS Test Site.
Scope of Work:
The following is a list of vendor specifications for the RFP.
The prospective vendor replying to this RFP will be or represent a firm, company or corporation possessing relevant experience and expertise in advancing national level Public Relations strategies. Supporting documentation must thoroughly describe how the vendor has supplied expertise for similar contracts and work related to planning, coordination, and implementation of Public Relations, and how vendor would approach the projects outlined in the Scope of Work. A proven experience in marketing the UAS or tech industries is required.
The Public Relations goal of the State of ND is to leverage earned media in target markets to promote ND’s UAS industry as the nation’s finest. Objectives include promoting:
1. The statewide BVLOS UAS network investment;
2. ND as a top-notch location to relocate one’s business to commercialize, test, evaluate and operate.
3. The state’s existing UAS business cluster to include Grand Sky facility, Test Site, and university UAS programs.
4. ND as a rapidly growing technology hub with a low cost of doing business and high-quality workforce.
Scope of Work
The Scope of Work is designed to encourage aggressive, proactive media outreach to increase visibility for North Dakota’s UAS industry, its opportunities, investments and proximity to infrastructure and growth. It will include but not be limited to the following:
1. Executing targeted public relations campaigns to generate feature articles, event listings, and related publicity for events, promotions, and UAS activities (e.g., industry firsts, progress on network, etc.) targeting publicity in print, TV, radio and online outlets.
2. Provide recommendations on public relations strategies including branding.
3. Provide talking points, speeches, presentations and press releases.
4. Distribution of press releases.
5. Create and manage editorial calendar with timelines.
6. Proactively contact media as it relates to strategies and goals.
7. Assist in the strategy and implementation of social media marketing, including maintaining social media presence, website, publishing posts and monitoring feedback.
8. Provide reports on key performance indicators.
9. Writing, formatting (with photos) and distributing press releases to print, online, broadcast media.
10. Coordinating messaging with industry partners and arranging media interviews.
11. Planning press conferences and stunts when appropriate to drive coverage.
12. Tracking coverage and measuring overall efforts, delivering weekly reports and comprehensive reports monthly (including estimated number of impressions and media value).
13. Sending media clips on a regular basis; tracking coverage and measuring efforts.
by federal, state, and local laws for performance of this contract. Offerors that do not possess required licenses at the time proposals are due will be determined non-responsive.
PROCUREMENT OFFICER: David Krause
Top Public Relations News:
World Health Organization Seeks Communications Firm
Publix Super Markets Is Seeking Crisis PR Firm
COMMUNICATIONS RFP ISSUED BY TEACHERS’ RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF OKLAHOMA
Bartlett Park District Issues RFP Website
Profile On Cerrell Associates
Parris Communications Tapped by Smashburger Kansas
Claudia Dressler, PRCo Germany Director: Exclusive PR Interview
Book Review: For Immediate Release
Outbrain Buys Visual Revenue, Expands Offering for Online Publishers
PR News Roundup: Lawsuits, Tax Evasion, and PR Success