UNFPA’s Egypt Country Office wishes to enter into non-exclusive Long Term Agreements (LTAs) with qualified suppliers for provision of Logistics and event management services to UNFPA Egypt Country Office in support of UNFPA’s Programmes located in Egypt.
The UNFPA CO in partnership with national partners (i.e. Ministry of Youth and Sports, National Population Council, Assiut University, National Council for Women and others) are organizing nation-wide outreach campaigns similar to previous ones (Population Awareness Bus, Crossing Egypt Challenge and others) which some of them last for a duration of 10- 15 Days covering different Governorates of Egypt (exact governorates to be determined). These campaigns follow UNFPA Egypt Country Office direction which is promoting the use of innovative and youth-led activities to raise awareness and rally young people around the key strategic goals of ending unmet need for family planning, ending all forms of gender based violence and harmful practices (FGM and GBV) and ending all preventable maternal deaths. To ensure that Egypt’s young population reap development gains with the demographic window of opportunity, the responsibility to create spaces for young people to express themselves, enhance their knowledge and use art for social change lies on all of us. As a result, UNFPA CO would organize campaigns that would captures the biggest number of young people especially young women utilizing unconventional entrainment education modes such as arts and songs for social change on population and gender issues.
These campaigns contribute to advancing youth development, Egypt’s Sustainable Development Strategy “Vision 2030”, Egypt’s National Population Strategy and engaging in dialogues around family planning, FGM, child marriage, civic engagement and social cohesion. Particular focus will be placed at the critical role young people across Egypt vis-à-vis population growth and abandoning harmful practices of FGM and early marriage and civic engagement for development. Planned activities in governorates usually take the form of a public event for young people, women and children with a number of edutainment activities (theatre performances, bands performances and educational events), awareness raising activities (i.e. peer education, visits to youth centers and spaces) and public high-level events taking place in governorates on the move.
Scope of Work:
Activities to be carried out include:
- Car & Bus Rental Expenses ( different categories)
- Accommodation in each Governorate ( 4 & 5 stars if applicable) From Aswan to Cairo
- Guest/participants Protocol Management (invitation card distribution & follow up, guest/participants seating arrangement, registration desk and registration and receiving and ushering etc.)
- 3 Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) (at least 2 categories )
- General Practitioner Doctor if required
- Interpretation arrangements including provision of simultaneous translation equipment.
- Media Coverage
- Film Making Personnel and Equipment: *Photography, *Video and Editing
- Supply media material (CDs, USBs, Media card)
- Coffee Breaks and Snacks for side events at Youth Centers/NGOs in each governorate
- Mobile Stage Setup (Stage Set-up, Truck Rental, Sound Equipment, lighting and Branding Material)
- Activity specific services (Composers, sound and Recording services)
- Out of Cairo event logistics (Catering, Stage and Venue Set-up, Sound System, transportation )
- Cairo Based Event (Catering, Stage and Venue Set-up, Sound System, mics, LCDs, ramps and tents)
- Musical and entertainment bands and performances
- Exhibition arrangement during event
- Branding materials (Suite pins, trophies, awards…)
- Printing Material (Flyers, Brochures, Banners/ backdrops, Roll-ups, Booklets, Folders, Caps, T-shirts, flags, Bags & branding vehicles )
- Disbursement of DSAs and Transportation Allowance
- Security Permits/clearance
- Rental of venue and/or hotel for events
- Governorate tour guide/ event ushers
- Social media services
- Provision of train/bus tickets
- Management fees
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Event managers will need to help oversee and plan all of an event’s aspect from the time that the initial idea was conceived to the event’s last, most minute detail.
- Event managers meet with relevant staff of the organization and discuss the event in detail and prepare detail work/event plan if required.
- Suggests creative possibilities such as themes and ideas to help the event. Manages all the related staff to the event including the guest registration, parking registration, entertainment and caterers. An event manager needs to present the event’s budget and stick to this. It is also important to adhere to a time line and frequently communicating with members of the organization as the event progresses is a must.
- As part of the job description, event project managers sometimes need to travel frequently as well.
- Calm under Pressure: Many things can go wrong during an event, and something eventually will. Event Managers need to remain calm during crisis and the high pressure of an event in progress.
- Computer Skills: Modern event planners rely on computers to communicate, plan, budget and organize their events.
- Negotiation Skills: Event Manager will need negotiation skills to work out prices with clients and contractors.
- Organization: Many things happen all at once at meetings. Event Manager needs to stay focused and organized so that the event goes off without a hitch.
- Problem-Solving Skills: Inevitably, something will go wrong at an event. Being able to quickly solve the issue is required.
- Good network with many service providers including but not limited to buses, vehicles, translations, printing, audio, etc…
United Nations Population Fund
Egypt Country Office
70A Nahda St., Saryat El- Maadi,
C/O Operation Unit
Strong PR firms in the Middle East include APCO Worldwide.
Top Public Relations News:
Predictions For Next Year: Influencers, Digital PR & Search….
What’s the Difference Between Public Relations and Marketing?
Should You Pay to Play? Evaluating Facebook’s Latest Changes
The B2B Public Relations Playbook
NATIVE VILLAGE OF EYAK ISSUES WEBSITE RFP
PR Firms That Represent Rehab Centers
Kent County Issues Marketing RFP
Famous Super Bowl Commercials: PETA’s “Veggie Love”
How Gary Kaplan Built a Legacy in Uganda
Public Relations Helps Direct Response Marketing