National Film and Video Foundation South Africa Issues Marketing RFP
The NFVF is soliciting proposals from firms specializing in advertising, media, branding, marketing and communications to develop a Through-the-Line (TTL) campaign communicating the NFVF’s mandate and brand positioning. The campaign’s objective is to market the NFVF as a film industry enabler based on different facets of its business (Funding, Training, Bursaries and Research). The NFVF is seeking a qualified Service Provider to provide full service research, advertising, marketing, media, branding, communications and related services. Services will primarily be required for the NFVF’s business, marketing and branding campaign, but may also support related projects and initiatives as and when needed.
The National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF) is an agency of the Department of Arts and Culture that was created to ensure the equitable growth of South Africa’s film and video industry. We do this by providing funding for the development, production, marketing and distribution of films and also the training and development of filmmakers. In addition, the NFVF commissions research and produces industry statistics that provide both the public and stakeholders with valuable insights into the South African film industry.
Scope of Work:
- Working with corporate image marketing, business marketing and business-to-business marketing.
- Evaluating and defining brands.
- Defining, profiling and targeting a brand’s audience.
- Launching effective brand campaigns.
- Optimizing placements among domestic and international media markets, including minority media markets.
- Planning, designing and executing high impact digital and internet marketing strategies.
- Anticipating, analysing and interpreting public and stakeholder opinion, attitudes and issues that might impact the operations and plans of the NFVF.
- Scenario planning with the Communications team.
- Preparation and writing of media statements, Q&As, key communication to stakeholders.
- Briefing sessions with key spokespersons in preparation of key media interviews.
- Daily media monitoring – 24/7 if required, to allow for quick identification and responses to issues.
- Media management during issues and crisis management period.
- From time to time communicate strategic NFVF campaigns and activities.
- Strong media planning and buying capabilities across traditional, digital and new media channels.
- Experience and capabilities in media production, including television and radio, digital and other types of media.
- Articulate the strategic priorities of the NFVF and to communicate to the various stakeholders, council members, employees and the media.
- Profile the NFVF as thought leaders in the film industry.
- Facilitate the discussions regarding the role of NFVF in the South African film industry.
- Advise the Management, Staff and the Council of the NFVF on media and communication issues
July 16, 2017.
NFVF 1st Floor Reception
87 Central Street