The State of Wyoming, Department of Health, is seeking a marketing firm for the Communicable Disease Unit, Prevention Program.
The assignment calls for development and implementation of a statewide social marketing campaign that builds upon the foundation of www.knowyo.org.
The primary focuses of the campaign are to:
- a) To encourage Wyoming residents to access testing/screening services to ascertain their status;
- b) To provide risk reduction strategies appropriate to the target audiences;
- c) To provide accurate information and referral resources;
- d) To increase awareness and perception of HIV/STD/hepatitis risk among Wyoming’s priority populations; and
- e) To reduce sexual and drug use behaviors related to HIV, STDs, viral hepatitis, and unintended pregnancies.
The following are priority populations:
- Men who have sex with men (MSM): all ages, races, and ethnicities
- High risk heterosexuals
- People who inject drugs
- HIV positive persons and their sexual and needle sharing partners
- Individuals exiting correctional/detention facilities
- Racial and ethnic minorities
- Other at-risk populations
The goals of the social media marketing campaign are to:
- a) Increase through voluntary counseling and testing, the proportion of HIV-infected people who know they are infected, focusing particularly on populations with high rates of undiagnosed HIV infection by incorporating testing strategies found to reach high risk individuals who are not seeking assistance through traditional venues; by reconfiguring counseling and testing resources to increase the efficiency of such services; by increasing the number of providers who routinely provide HIV screening services in health care settings; and by increasing the number of partners of HIV infected persons who receive partner notification and treatment services;
- b) Decrease the number of persons at high risk for acquiring or transmitting HIV infection by delivering targeted, sustained, and evidence-based HIV prevention interventions;
- c) Increase the proportion of HIV-infected people who are linked to appropriate prevention, care, and treatment services; and,
- d) Strengthen the capacity of health departments, family planning clinics, and community based organizations to implement effective HIV/STD/Viral Hepatitis prevention programs and to evaluate them.
Proposal due on June 1, 2016 to:
Wyoming Department of Health
401 Hathaway Building
Cheyenne, WY 82002
Top Public Relations News:
American Airlines Targeted by NAACP
Will Smith “is an A**Hole”, blasts ex-Fresh Prince Star Janet Hubert
California Complete Count – Census 2020 Media Services RFP
News From APCO Worldwide, ID PR & Others
Can Kia Refit Its Image in America?
Advertising on Instagram & Four Awesome Brands on Instagram — And What They’re Doing Right
Forgive Justine Sacco: Let The PR Pro Move On…
Top 100 Public Relations Websites and Resources
5W PR Announces Representation of Wendy Williams
Impress Labs Public Relations to Run PR Campaign for Sigma