The AAP holds a cooperative agreement for the Physician Engagement and Training Focused on Breastfeeding project with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to build capacity to engage physicians and relevant stakeholders to promote progress in breastfeeding education and improve clinical skills in providing evidence-based practices supportive of breastfeeding by: 1) increasing availability and accessibility of breastfeeding education, training, and certification opportunities and 2) supporting the safe implementation of evidence-based breastfeeding practices in maternity care facilities. The AAP is seeking a Creative Content and Curriculum Development Consultant to conduct market research and develop a plan to assess and repurpose content on the Breastfeeding Residency Curriculum website that targets medical students, residents, residency program faculty, and post-graduates in Pediatrics, Obstetrics-Gynecology, and Family Medicine.
The American Academy of Pediatrics is a professional membership organization of 67,000 pediatricians committed to the optimal physical, mental, and social health and well-being for all infants, children, adolescents and young adults. Founded in 1930, the AAP advocates for the health and wellbeing of all children and works with government, communities and other national organizations to shape many child health and safety issues. The AAP provides professional education and resources to member pediatricians, and provides patient education and public information campaigns.
Scope of Work:
The scope of work for this RFP includes:
1. Accelerated review of the Breastfeeding Residency Curriculum website and development of a
A. Outline a practical revision plan;
B. Identify a process for outlining curriculum objectives;
C. Assess the best way to deliver curriculum objectives to learners;
D. Prioritize list of curriculum content to be revised and/or created.
2. Conduct market research on the learning needs of the target audience (i.e. medical students, residents, residency program faculty) including but not limited to key informant interviews and focus group facilitation. Collect identical information from 9 or fewer people per research method.
3. Analyze findings and summarize results.
4. Communicate findings, recommendations, and insights to Project Advisory Committee and Project Manager in a written report and verbally as requested.
5. Update the Breastfeeding Residency Curriculum sitemap model and design of landing pages specific to recommendations from the market analysis, the Project Advisory Committee, and Project Manager.
6. Attend and/or provide a report at Project Advisory Committee meetings and, when needed, participate in conference/video calls.
7. Provide weekly to bi-weekly updates of work completed and participate on standing conference calls with AAP Staff.
February 1st, 2019.
W2O Group and 5WPR have strong healthcare PR arms.